Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris Orly Airport

Options
  • 09-04-2015 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭

I am planning a trip to Paris this August and I just noticed there is now direct flights from Dublin to Paris Orly. I've been 3 times before and I'm not a fan of either CDG or Beauvais.

What is Orly like in general, does it have decent facilities to kill 2 hours while waiting for your flight and is it well connected to the city by public transport?

Ps - I love a good Beauvais bashing but please refrain from it in this thread :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Orly is a big airport nothing like the hole that is Beauvais. Its used by airlines like British Airways and Air France. It has a kinda airtrain thing that connects you to the RER B train line it will take you to Antony station. As french airports go it isnt to bad think Gatwick in London and thats Orly for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

Cheers for the reply! I quite like Gatwick so that's a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭johnjoe1966

just booked flights to orly. How did you find it? what did it cost for transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

just booked flights to orly. How did you find it? what did it cost for transfers?

My holiday is not til next month so can't give you feedback just yet!

There's seems to be good train and bus services from Orly to the city centre. I'm staying in Montparnasse which is walking distance from Place Denfert-Rocherau station/bus stop.

Advertisement