Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home tutor req N.cork/E.limerick ASD 3yrs

Options
  • 08-04-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

looking for a home tutor (registered with teaching council and garda vetted) with experience of ABA/Teachh/ etc to work with a 3 to 4 year old at pre-school and at home(20hrs a week).
    Recent diagnosis of autism.

Any teachers that would like to apply for this let me know, its the Charleville/Kilmallock area.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Post this in the preschool and primary section too. Teachers will see it there. Put it on rollercoaster.ie as well.
    (Another thing aistear is a fantastic method too. You may get someone with knowledge but not strictly of ABA etc. I have been working with children with autism for the past four summers and didn't have specific experience of ABA/Teach but got on very well so maybe don't just limit selection of tutor to this.)
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nicolacurtin

That's great advice thank you!, honestly, its a nightmare trying to find information about autism support in Ireland, its like everyone "hides" it and its like a puzzle to try and find bits that are helpful! I never even even heard of "aistear"....must google it ...now!...
    thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

That's great advice thank you!, honestly, its a nightmare trying to find information about autism support in Ireland, its like everyone "hides" it and its like a puzzle to try and find bits that are helpful! I never even even heard of "aistear"....must google it ...now!...
    thanks again!

Also I know of unemployed SNA's and people with degrees in education/special ed being employed as home tutors. It could be very hard to get a qualified teacher because most of them will snap up maternity leaves/subbing in schools to try and get their "foot in the door".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Email Nuig and TCD and they can mail all aba tutors on their database. Also joinh the aba Ireland Facebook page and advertise there. Aba is the way to go.

Pm me with any questions you have and I'll try to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nicolacurtin

Thanks so much for the info!....I'm off to email NUIG and TCD now....I had a look at the websites. Fingers crossed!...

• Advertisement
Advertisement