Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Shooters Digest.

Options
  • 08-04-2015 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up this months ISD, and read with interest the article by Bill O'Riordan concerning Pump Action and Semi Auto. shotguns.
    Incredibly, despite 3 pages of facts and opinions, there is no mention of Gardaí proposals to ban and confiscate these types of sporting firearm.
    How can the most prominent shooting sports magazine in Ireland publish such an article, and omit to mention the possible demise of these very shotguns from this country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Picked up this months ISD, and read with interest the article by Bill O'Riordan concerning Pump Action and Semi Auto. shotguns.
    Incredibly, despite 3 pages of facts and opinions, there is no mention of Gardaí proposals to ban and confiscate these types of sporting firearm.
    How can the most prominent shooting sports magazine in Ireland publish such an article, and omit to mention the possible demise of these very shotguns from this country?

because it appears there is no proof that it is or might happen,I would doubt it will happen,they will go after semi-auto center fire and handguns and they will be happy with that,just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Simply because the head of the IFA shooting section has two semi auto shotguns and so long asHE is happy and those "CF SA machine guns" [all160 of them in Ireland] and handguns are not owned by any IFA member as they have no sporting or hunting use (according to him) there is no need to panic.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I'll not go any further than the lines...'When they came for the Jews, I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew...' and hope that you know the rest of it.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rookman

tac foley wrote: »
    I'll not go any further than the lines...'When they came for the Jews, I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew...' and hope that you know the rest of it.

tac

Sad but very true.

Advertisement