Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Phase in Life

Options
  • 08-04-2015 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

After 7-years as a Senior Front-Desk Receptionist I handed in my notice at work and will be working just one more full week.
    This is the Sunshine & Happiness Forum so I'm posting this to say just how Wonderful Life can be.

My colleagues when I told them were angry; some cried instantly while others were just stumped silent. I've made some Remarkable Friends in both colleagues and 'guests' through the past 7-years. I say 'guests' but what's weird is they are now who I'd consider family to me I know them so well now. I would've seen toddlers grow up to mature young adults over the past 7-years who've given me cards; book, crosses, flowers; chocolates; even offered a place in their home, their family home, should I ever need it <- Those people would on paper be considered 'guests' but are now hugging me tight and crying saying a final good-bye as they won't see me again behind the front-desk.

Something inside me said 'enough. this is the time.' and I just went with that gut instinct as I now move onto the next phase in my life. Since I made that decision, almost all those who I'd be closest to have walked in and stayed so I've been able to say Goodbye in person. Just amazing how that even worked out.

Life can be so tough; so demanding; so intense, but just so rewarding. You can read above just how rewarding my life,my work has been for me. I was never there for the monies, just the Love of my Job and meeting those who I'd the pleasure to meet.

I've interviews lined up and life is looking positive for the next few months before I commence my H-Dip in October this year.
    ^^ Actually, one of the last serious conversations I ever had with my now Late Loving Dad was reading a reference I received as I planned to commence my H-Dip back then but Life had other plans in store. Still remember seeing Dads eye light up as I read it to him the very night before Dad passed away suddenly. I promised I'd commence this H-Dip and I'm en route there now.

Next Phase in Life not far from commencing,
    Sunshine & Happiness,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

kerry4sam,

Can I just wish you the best of luck and positive experiences on the new chapter in your life. May it be filled with happiness and laughter , blessings and wonderful moments :)

Love reading your posts, best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    kerry4sam,

Can I just wish you the best of luck and positive experiences on the new chapter in your life. May it be filled with happiness and laughter , blessings and wonderful moments :)

Love reading your posts, best of luck :)

That's very kind of you. Sincere Thank You :)

Advertisement