Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should You Play BF4 Before You Play BF Hardline

Options
  • 08-04-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi, I was thinking of buying BF Hardline for PS4. I have played a bit of BF1, completed BF2, played a very small bit of BF3 and none of BF4. Just wondering would BF Hardline be worth getting in this case. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

It won't make a difference if you've played BF4 or not, both games play completely different for the most part, even though they share some of the same mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭SW98

Oh so hardline is not really a continuation of bf4. Also is it worth getting or what other games are good at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Personally I am not into hardline. I love the others though. Get 3 and bc2 anyway ( probably cheap) then see if u want 4. I missed out on bc2 and bf3 initially as I just started pc gaming lately ( since bf4) but I have been playing them all recently and they are outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I actually can't fathom how someone would even consider buying Hardline over BF4!!!!!!

Not to mention the price variance now too.

What games for ps4 are good cause I have not bought a new game in a while

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    I actually can't fathom how someone would even consider buying Hardline over BF4!!!!!!

Not to mention the price variance now too.

Agreed. But I would be considerate as to the type of game u want. If it's a battlefield experience... Don't get hardline. CoD action? Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

BF4 will offer you much more bang for your buck then Hardline. Especially with new Bf4 content on the immediate horizon. I'd advise anyone happily, to get BF4 premium(so all the DLC) over Hardline all day every day.

It's a much fuller game, much more unique and an amazing experience. Hardline is a new project taking the BF foundations but being aimed at console gamers to eat into the CoD marketshare, and is doing that well. But it's not really "Battlefield".

I got Hardline from a friend who works for EA, so didn't pay RRP, and even I am starting to lose interest and feeling a little disappointed. If I paid full price for it I'd be going spare.

Apart from bf does anyone recommend any games for ps4 as I am looking to buy one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

SW98 wrote: »
    Apart from bf does anyone recommend any games for ps4 as I am looking to buy one

That's a broader question, and one for the PS forum rather than the BF forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=523

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Also for the first 2 weeks of April (till the 16th) BF4 Premium is up on PSN Store for €29.99 (think theres also a ps plus discount to that to make it €26.99) and that includes all the DLC..usualy its €70. Seems like a bargain, gonna pick it up myself just seen it there last night for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

In terms of learning to play for a new BF player I would personally go Hardline then BF4, Hardline has smaller tighter gameplay that is focused on light vehicles and boots on the ground.

BF4 is more about massive open maps with heavy vehicles that are a bit trickier to get to grips with especially the choppers and jets. It might be easier to get to grips with the game modes in hardline then move up without getting put off by the sheer scale of BF4.

In terms of value, right now BF4 with Premium is a serious package and as it is 18 months old it can be got pretty cheap.

No matter which way you go you are getting an excellent game and you always have the option to get the other one in a few weeks. Both are different enough to justify having both.

As for the general good game on PS4 question, GTA V is the best game on Gen 4 machines. If you have that and BF4 you pretty much have the games that give the best bang for your buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

As a person who likes Hardline and have over 50 hours played so far I'd say buy BF4 (820 hours played) if you want to see how a modern Battlefield game really is. Hardline is the closest the Battlefield series has got to a Call of Duty style game as yet.

BF4 has the combined arms of squad play, jeeps & tanks, heli's and jets and wide open spaces which you should be familiar with having played BF2. Hardline is twitch shooting with cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

As a person who likes Hardline and have over 50 hours played so far I'd say buy BF4 (820 hours played) if you want to see how a modern Battlefield game really is. Hardline is the closest the Battlefield series has got to a Call of Duty style game as yet.

BF4 has the combined arms of squad play, jeeps & tanks, heli's and jets and wide open spaces which you should be familiar with having played BF2. Hardline is twitch shooting with cars.

Got the Premium BF4 on PSN and have to say i really enjoyed it.Only niggle is i have finished campaign and just cannot connect to multiplayer no matter what i do,i have other games like AW etc and have never had a problem.Keep getting"connection to EA servers lost".

I got Hardline and to be honest I think COD is much better. The campaign was ok but I don' t like the multi player at all. I am new to BF multi player but I find it a bit complicated and other things I don' t like the time it takes to re spawn which I don' t particularly like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I am new to BF multi player but I find it a bit complicated and other things I don' t like the time it takes to re spawn which I don' t particularly like.

All BF games have a long respawn timer. Actually, I would say the majority of game mechanics in BF games are more "complicated" than COD.

All BF games have a long respawn timer. Actually, I would say the majority of game mechanics in BF games are more "complicated" than COD.
    Yeah I just think COD is better.

I got Hardline and to be honest I think COD is much better. The campaign was ok but I don' t like the multi player at all. I am new to BF multi player but I find it a bit complicated and other things I don' t like the time it takes to re spawn which I don' t particularly like.

Really liked the campaign ,can't get online with EA so don't know what that's like.Have been playing COD since the first game on the PC donkeys years ago now but have got to say AW is a big let down.They should go back to the drawing board and bring back proper weapons,claymores,dropping hand grenade when killed etc.Also would like to be able to crouch and peek around corners and stuff like that ,no more jumping around the maps like a demented rabbit on steroids.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Most proper Battlefield fans don't like Hardline speaking for myself and friends in my circle, or certainly wouldn't recommend it over Battlefield 4.

Call of Duty, any one player can dominate a lobby single handedly.

As for COD being better? Disagree if you're talking about Ghosts and Advanced Warfighter. They are on par with Hardline, average at best first person shooter experiences, and I'm being kind when it comes to Ghosts out of all them.

ben101 wrote: »
    Really liked the campaign ,can't get online with EA so don't know what that's like.Have been playing COD since the first game on the PC donkeys years ago now but have got to say AW is a big let down.They should go back to the drawing board and bring back proper weapons,claymores,dropping hand grenade when killed etc.Also would like to be able to crouch and peek around corners and stuff like that ,no more jumping around the maps like a demented rabbit on steroids.:mad:

Black Ops 1 and MW2 were the best multi player games.

Soby wrote: »
    Most proper Battlefield fans don't like Hardline speaking for myself and friends in my circle, or certainly wouldn't recommend it over Battlefield 4.

Call of Duty, any one player can dominate a lobby single handedly.

As for COD being better? Disagree if you're talking about Ghosts and Advanced Warfighter. They are on par with Hardline, average at best first person shooter experiences, and I'm being kind when it comes to Ghosts out of all them.

Fair enough. I have just always liked COD, have all 11 of them on PS2, PS3 and PS4.

• Advertisement

I would hate to see this thread dissolve into a BF vs CoD debate. They sometimes don't end well....

The Red wrote: »
    I would hate to see this thread dissolve into a BF vs CoD debate. They sometimes don't end well....

I agree,i like both games ,well,the newer COD's not so much as the older ones but here's hoping the next COD will be better than AW.

To be honest (I understand there is an issue with some of you connecting) as fun as the campaigns of the both series are, they are NOTHING... repeat NOTHING to the online multiplayer.

BF is multiplayer. It is built to be an epic war game (not sim) and impressions should be based on its strengths and NOT on its campaign mode at all. No IA can compare to fighting with tank, jet, heli, jeep, boat, infantry etc on a 64 man server, ALL player controlled.

And if you want TDM, its all yours.

Thats where the beauty resides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I don't know what you like, but I'll recommend Grand Theft Auto 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

The only CODs that were good were Modern Warfare, and World at War.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I bought Hardline because most of the lads I played Bf4 with were getting it but I've kind of went back to Bf4 just not for me.
    I miss the tanks and choppers too much and find 4 to be the game more through tot he franchise. Hardline is just a filler to keep people tied over till battlefront.

Also there new content coming to Bf4 shortly. That new map looks great and the return of the AN-94 :)

Advertisement