Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a crown, need cover

Options
  • 08-04-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

long shot, but is there anyway I can get cover for a crown?

my private health insurer doesn't cover it

Decare Dental and VHI require you to be paying in to a plan for at least 12 months.

I know I can get 20% back on the med1 after €100 excess, but this crown is setting me back €1100.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

No, you cannot get insurance for a preexisting condition. No more than you can crash your car and then take out car insurance. That is the purpose of the lead in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

How about a cash plan health insurer, I can take out a policy, get work done, wait 3 months -> claim and then stop paying my premiums.

I am getting a crown replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

guile4582 wrote: »
    How about a cash plan health insurer, I can take out a policy, get work done, wait 3 months -> claim and then stop paying my premiums.

I am getting a crown replacement

Regular medical insurance will not cover a crown, only specific dental plans will and as already posted you are trying to con the insurance company!!
    These policies have lead in times to stop what you are trying to do as it is dishonest.....
    Insurance companies also usually sign you up for a n annual policy so you can't just stop the policy without a penalty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Your talking about insurance fraud. Insurance is not a means by which others pay your bills for you. It when a group of people come together to spread their risk over time and pay from a communal fund. Insurance companies have had all the cute tricks before and are designed to not pay out on this type of thing.

Think about it, does it seem likely there is a way you can pay an insurance company a few hundred and get benefits of a 1000?

Advertisement