Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry for Sligo NS Pool Sprint

Options
  • 08-04-2015 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Some last minute injuries are making it look like i won't be fit for this.

Any takers? think it was €40

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Boardcore

Hello all,

Any Boards people get to do this yesterday, What did you think? we'd appreciate any feedback on what we could do differently or what you would like to see added for Lissadell later in the summer.

I was on transition and we tried to keep it as relaxed as possible. The weather really made it, as our bunch of sun-burnt heads will testify too.

Anyway, Thanks again.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

I was there yesterday, great event , really well organised. I liked the course, it was a challenging bike certainly kept me on my toes

good points:
    I found marshals especially cheerful and supportive from pool to finish, great to have everything smooth and on time.
    I liked the 2nd briefing as i didnt have to hang about all morning for a later start.
    Transition was efficient and nice to have a definite spot.
    Bike course was well very well organised and interesting, not the usual out and back on a flat road, gardai stopping traffic at major junctions was reassuring.
    Run was on good surface and easy to follow. food after was abundant and really brilliant.
    goodie back was all useful stuff and i didnt have a heap of advertising rubbish to dump
    improvements;
    I found transition a bit of a squeeze, saying that it worked well and was organised accordingly by competitors and marshals.
    the road for the bike was a bit hairy in places, poor surface and poor visibility, same for everyone I guess.

well done on a super event and sincere thanks to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rodriquez

I did that race too. It was only my 2nd ever tri - I have to say I really enjoyed it !!
    Bike course was definitely tough, I found it hard to get any decent rhythm going (i'm not doing enough hill work obviously)
    Having the guards on all the junctions was very helpful
    Marshals were really friendly and helpful throughout, got great encouragement from them all over the course but especially in the pool.
    I really liked the way they were giving you updates from around the 500m mark
    The goodie bag was great, including a bottle, buff and head torch
    The food afterwards was great too - there was plenty of it too

I have no real complaints about the event at all really, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    now all I have to do is try to shave 10 mins off my next one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

Excellent event, was my first Tri so was a little anxious but it went brilliantly.
    Fantastic organisation, the marshalls everywhere were full of enthusiasm and support. Everything said above I agree with 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

The goodie bag was great, including a bottle, buff and head torch

Head torch? Didn't get one of them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement