Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fissure sealants for kids

Options
  • 08-04-2015 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, are fissure sealants free for kids by any chance? Where is the best place to have it done in Dublin (Lucan area) ? If not free, how much are they per tooth? Or perhaps they would be covered on the medical card? Many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I dont think they are covered on the medical card. Any dentist can do them, I think they are usually 20-30 euro per tooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Not covered on the medical card and I don't think the HSE dentist covers them either.

As above, about 20-30€ per tooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

My daughter had her baby molars sealed by the school dentist in 2nd class.

However they wouldn't seal her adult molars when they came through in 6th class.

Went to our dentist and paid 25 per tooth. Worth it as she has very deep crevices in all her teeth which creates food traps and decay sets in quite quickly.

Advertisement