Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front tooth sensitivity

Options
  • 08-04-2015 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

For the last couple of days I have been experiencing extreme sensitivity on one of my top front teeth. The sensitivity is so extreme that I even made bold font for it.
    • I have been wearing braces since September. I'm at the stage now where the four gaps created from four extractions are nearly closed.
    • I brush my teeth twice a day every day. So I really doubt that it's plaque, I take really good care in brushing.
    • Which leads me to my next point. Have I overbrushed? I use a hard toothbrush and Arm & Hammer toothpaste which contains baking soda. Have I brushed the enamel away?
    • Or has my vigorous overbrushing (if that's what is happening) led to gum recession? Which might be exposing a part of my tooth which isn't protected with enamel?

I can drink hot drinks and eat perfectly, but if I try to drink a cold or room temperature drink I am doubled over with the pain. Any ideas whatit might be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Did the sensitivity get bad after a wire change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

Did the sensitivity get bad after a wire change?

No, not particularly! I had my last orthodontic appointment two weeks ago, where he changed the elastics and put on stronger ones to finish closing these gaps left by the extractions. It's only in the last two days that I've been hit with this sensitivity. I just don't know if it's the braces causing it or if I may have overbrushed them. I just hope it's not permanent.

My next appointment is May 5th, and I can't really take the time out to go and see him before then, it's a 5 hour round trip and I have a thesis due in two weeks!!

Advertisement