Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquabiking

Options
  • 07-04-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

Aquabiking

If only this was around a couple of years ago. Still a little sprint from T2. Tecnically still a swim bike run. Can you sprint or do you have to walk :D

Might suit having some weight to smash a bike TT after a swim TT...

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

If they're going to cycle 40K why not do two laps of the swim course to make it equitable. In present form it's less a multi-sport race and more a cycle race with wet shorts :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I find the description bizarre, that it's aimed towards people who cannot/should not...run. What about people who just fancy doing an aquabike?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Emm, first catch I see and not to stir the pot.

Is there not difficulties with bike racing in North Dublin? Could be fun all the same for the swimmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Aquabiking

If only this was around a couple of years ago. Still a little sprint from T2. Tecnically still a swim bike run. Can you sprint or do you have to walk :D

Might suit having some weight to smash a bike TT after a swim TT...

Thoughts?

persosnally i think this is a great idea i would love to do auqabike races ie 3.8 k swim 180 bike, 3k swim 120 k bike or 1.9 k swim 90 k bike or even 1.5k swim 40 k bike and then do a little run afterwards whatever feels right then.
    would be a great tune up for other races.

of course ideally those would be races that have a bit of a run around 40 % of tri distance in it as a reduced run would be great for people preparing for longer races and want short recovery after a race.

I would think a 3.8swim 180 k bike 10 k run would get quite a few participants 4-6 weeks before the big races in roth and Im austria and mallorca and barcelona.

for akw fingal tri club understands how to organize a race and have proven it last year with the dua champs and an oly tri both on closed roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I registered last month and I know there's at least 1 or 2 others here intending to do this. Really simple idea and potentially opens doors for athletes of varying builds and ability for whom running is a challenge but swim and bike might be strong. Race conditions, prep, gear (minus the running shoes) and 2/3rds of the useful training for triathlon with a fraction of the injury potential? I'm surprised it hadn't caught on a long time ago to be honest (issues with biking on public roads aside). As Peter commented, if anyone can make this work well it's Fingal TC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement