Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock En Seine : 28 - 30 August 2015

Options
  • 07-04-2015 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

1798833_10153166518128851_8703231944457727424_n.png?oh=8722cf5fb7b7e61db626927f1e257ae0&oe=55A9E3EA

Went to this festival last year and thought it was pretty damn good. Nowhere near as big as the setup of Primavera, EP or the likes but its a cool city based festival where you can hop on the metro back to a hotel room after its all over. The line-up is pretty great value for money too!

Tickets €49 per day / €119 for 3 days

Friday : KASABIAN - FFS (FRANZ FERDINAND & SPARKS) - THE OFFSPRING - FAUVE - JOHN BUTLER TRIO - HANDBRAEKES (BOYS NOIZE & MR OIZO) - RODRIGO Y GABRIELA - BENJAMIN CLEMENTINE - KATE TEMPEST - SON LUX - CATFISH & THE BOTTLEMEN - WAND - WOLF ALICE…

Saturday : THE LIBERTINES - INTERPOL - ETIENNE DAHO - GRAMATIK - RAPHAEL SAADIQ - BEN HOWARD - JAMIE XX - SHAMIR - THE MACCABEES ...

Sunday : THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS - ALT-J - TAME IMPALA - HOT CHIP - JUNGLE - MARK LANEGAN BAND - RUN THE JEWELS - FUZZ - MY MORNING JACKET - POND

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭lc180

‪#‎EN‬ 20 new bands join the #RES15 line up !

- Balthazar,
    - Bianca Casady & the C.I.A.,
    - Stereophonics,
    - Years & Years,
    - Parquet Courts,
    - Jacco Gardner,
    - Cardiknox,
    - Ghost,
    - Glass Animals,
    - Juan Wauters,
    - KADAVAR,
    - Mini Mansions,
    - Natalie Prass
    - Young Thug
    - VKNG,
    - JEANNE ADDED,
    - Forever Pavot,
    - DBFC,
    - WE ARE MATCH
    - Last Train.

some decent additions today. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a few of these at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Heading over to Rock en Seine this year with a few mates, got accom booked already, close to the park. Just a few Q's as we're heading to it without knowing much apart from the lineup;

what's the crowd like (young, old, boozy, sober, french, international)?
    Is it a festival buzz or more daytrippers?
    Any comparisons to the smaller Irish festivals?
    Our french is all barebones, even less so after a few bevvies, does it matter?

Cheers, J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

jony_dols wrote: »
    what's the crowd like (young, old, boozy, sober, french, international)?
    Is it a festival buzz or more daytrippers?
    Any comparisons to the smaller Irish festivals?
    Our french is all barebones, even less so after a few bevvies, does it matter?

Cheers, J

Based on a couple of years ago.

Young, sober, French.
    Didn't camp ourselves but it seemed to be more daytrippers than festival mad.
    Forbidden Fruit perhaps comes closest being a festival in the city but it was alot busier. Probably bigger too.
    Never had a problem. un, deus, trois and pointing will get you through add a sil vous plait if you are feeling adventurous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭lc180

Stage times release last week, 8 weeks in advance!

11665450_10153374722953851_482796821162835375_n.jpg?oh=48b264a44e4c5b45584c98ebacd90073&oe=56583FA5

Stand-out clash for me is the Libertines and Jamie XX. The Macabees at 3.30 on Saturday is a bit of a joke but I can live with it. Other than that I'm pretty happy.

Advertisement