Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferred planning permission due to a land locked site

Options
  • 07-04-2015 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,
    Am new to boards but was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on a planning issue. Basically I submitted planning for a single storey side extension to my 3 bed semi detached. Small extension, only about 25 square meteres approx. A planning letter came in stating that while planning permission hasn't been refused it has been deferred on 4 conditions that I need to satisfy. 3 are sortable but it is the final one I am looking to see has anyone else encountered.

When the extension is built to the side, this in effect will remove any side entry to the house. Planning have an issue with this stating that ''this removes the ability to bring out refuse bins etc and creates a fire risk by not having side or rear access and to submit proposals ensuring that the rear of the site will not be land locked .''

I spoke to the planner this morning who sort of said that I need to put together a report that will resolve the issue. My back garden is surrounded by 4 other houses back gardens. I feel Im no different to the mid terraced houses a few doors down who also have no side or rear access?? Has anyone else experience of how to get around this? The planner said the planning would have been refused had there not been a way around it??
    Has anyone else encountered this in their planning and was there a way around it that satisys the planners??
    Thanks in advance

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement