Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimal Geometric Artist

Options
  • 07-04-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

I've been scouring the internet and asking friends for help on this one but not getting very far...I thought boards folk might be able to help maybe?

I'm looking for a tattoo artist in Ireland (preferably in Dublin) who's personal work focusses on minimal geometric patterns. I'm an industrial designer and am a little bit obsessed with technical drawing, geometry, ratios (golden ratio in particular), fractals etc.

Although I love traditional tattoos and think they are a fine art in themselves, I'm looking for an artist who's work might relate to this in some way. I already have some tattoos relating to this but I've had them done in various places but it's always been my design done by somebody who's personal style wouldn't match up necessarily. I'd love to find a tattoo artist who shares an interest in this sort of thing who basically I could let go to town on my skin! I have some ideas myself that I'd like to flesh out with someone but ultimately I'd love to find an artist who I could just let do their thing.

Since this is my first post (I've been on boards for years but want to detach from the profile I had as a teenager) I can't post images, links or attachments which makes it pretty difficult to show visually the sort of things that I'm talking about. So I suppose all I can say is that my username on Pinterest is also TullyLoy - I have some tattoo stuff on there...maybe some body could post the link to my profile below??

Anyway, I know this is a weird one but any help would be much appreciated...I've found a place in the UK but obviously I'd much prefer to support an Irish artist.

Thanks all,

Colm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Mark Anthony in Reinkarnated sounds right up your street having looked at your pinterest page.

Disclaimer; I know the guy and am obviously biased. However I think his style is suited to your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TullyLoy

Thanks Osaurus, much appreciated. I had a look at his stuff online, it's deadly and defo right up my street. I'll get in touch with him.

I'd still be interested in any other suggestions anyone else might have. Even if there was someone starting out who was into this kind of thing I'd be willing to let them experiment on me......if they had a good mentor of course!

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

TullyLoy wrote: »
    Thanks Osaurus, much appreciated. I had a look at his stuff online, it's deadly and defo right up my street. I'll get in touch with him.

I'd still be interested in any other suggestions anyone else might have. Even if there was someone starting out who was into this kind of thing I'd be willing to let them experiment on me......if they had a good mentor of course!

Thanks a mill
    not really that many around with extensive stuff tbh, it's a small niche tattoo market

not really that many around with extensive stuff tbh, it's a small niche tattoo market

Thanks for that...I guessed as much judging from what I've found so far but thought I'd run it past boards folk before going overseas...it's defo a weird niche.

I really like the look of Mark Anthony's stuff that I've seen online and I will contact him eventually. But I've come across a girl in London that's literally exactly what I'm after...her work is insane and has loads of parallels with my own graphics work. If anyone's curious her name is Malvina and she works for a studio called Scratchline Tattoo in Kentish Town. I can't post the proper link but her some of her work is here: mtattoo . blogspot . co . uk

Or
    triangletattoo. blogspot. ie

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

A source that showcases lots of linework and geometry is Equilattera: https://instagram.com/equilattera/ They do post up artists from the UK and Europe, not just the US.

Also, have a look at Geometry Chaos on Instagram - loads of inspiration and artistry on there: https://instagram.com/geometrychaos/

Have you looked at Paul O'Rourkes stuff? Lines are wonderfully clean and would have experience with similar stuff. Tattoos out of Love/Hate in Cork and Allstar Tattoo in Limerick: https://instagram.com/paul.o.rourke/

There is one other artist who I can't remember the name of in the UK that I've been looking for for about half an hour now, and they seem to have disappeared. If I find them, I'll reply!

I've also been tattooed by the above recommended Mark, any questions let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Take a look at Utopian Tattoo Tribe in Kilkenny.
    Caro Blackswan in there might be up your street.

jenizzle wrote: »

There is one other artist who I can't remember the name of in the UK that I've been looking for for about half an hour now, and they seem to have disappeared. If I find them, I'll reply!

I've also been tattooed by the above recommended Mark, any questions let me know!

Holy ****, serious resources there jenizzle, thanks a million. That Equilattera account on Instagram is insane. I followed all of those anyway. I think for round one I'll stick with Malvina and then after that get in touch with Paul and Mark. Thanks so much for the info.

Take a look at Utopian Tattoo Tribe in Kilkenny.
    Caro Blackswan in there might be up your street.

Thanks for that Phoenix, much appreciated. Her stuff is deadly but wouldn't be exactly along the lines of what I'm after. Cheers for the reply though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DaBlackMask

Go into reincarnated ink in Dublin and ask them,

Was in there 2 weeks ago, and the two girls in there were showing me stuff , I could do with line work on a black band tattoo I have on my arm

• Advertisement
Advertisement