Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers from Kansas

Options
  • 07-04-2015 11:04am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heading over for work next week and was wondering are there any recommendations for beers to try out that you would not find served in an Off licence/Pub here?

I mention Kansas because that's where I am going but it doesn't have to be a local beer, just ones from the states in general although if there are ones of note in Kansas I will hunt them out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Everything I've tried from Boulevard Brewing has been exceptional...

Which is Kansas City, MO actually....sorry off topic ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

snowblind wrote: »
    Which is Kansas City, MO actually....sorry off topic ;)

Its on the edge of the state, which is pretty much where I will be (just over the line into Kansas). Will definitely give them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I have head good things about Tallgrass Brewing, but never had them myself

Prairie Artisanal Ales is in Oklahoma so you'll probably have access to their bottles. They have great Imperial and BA stouts and Saisons

• Advertisement

Trying out free state brewing in Lawrence tonight.

Faustian Bargain first, strong Belgium ale. Not normally my taste but I hadn't a notion when I ordered drinkable and not as overpowering as strong light ales I have had in cans in Brussels

Free state Oatmeal stout next, meh is the only word.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

From not too far away (relatively..) and you'll probably come across it more in a liquor store than a bar, but anything from Schaflys is going to be worth trying.

I picked up some of their TIPA recently. Lovely stuff.

OldBean wrote: »
    From not too far away (relatively..) and you'll probably come across it more in a liquor store than a bar, but anything from Schaflys is going to be worth trying.

I picked up some of their TIPA recently. Lovely stuff.

Haven't seen ti yet but I am keepiny an eye out.

Had Gnarley Barley last night which is a barley wine. Never had one before but was lovely to sit there and sip.

Advertisement