Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lake Garda accommodation

Options
  • 06-04-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

We are planning on going to Lake Garda (southern) and need advice on accommodation. Would like apartment or bungalow rather than mobile home. We have 2 teenagers so need abit of space. Ideally with nice pool and sports faciltiies on site or near by. Dont want anything too busy but not dead quiet either. Any advice or recommendations and also which companys are reliable to book with. This is our first hol abroad so nervous booking something!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

We stayed in Bella Italia last September for a week. It ls located south of the lake in Peschiera which is a beautiful town with lots to see and do. We had our own apartment with 2 bedrooms (Double room & 2 bunk beds room). Reviews of the place had us a bit worried going as it sounds like a busy site, but its huge, has great facilities, 2 large pool areas, shops, restaurants and it is right on the lake with amazing views. We had a great week. The best part it cost us less than 200 for the week for the apartment.

OP; where town are you planning on staying? When are you going?

EDIT: We booked directly with the camp site (Cheaper), booked our flights directly with Ryanair, collected a rental car at Bergamo and drove to Peschiera. It worked out half of what we were quoted through travel agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

We are booking the same for this September. Was looking at Bella Italia but they want me to book Sat-Sat and I want to book Wed-Wed. Only drawback. So I am hoping to book later today with Camping Bergamini which is also right on the lake front in Peschiera. Flying with Ryanair into Milan Bergamo OelS (first time in 10 years. hope they have improved!). Not hiring a car though, gonna take the train down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,848 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

we stayed with these lads before and its really nice.
    Its in peschiera nearer town than bella italia
    http://www.gardapalace.com/prezzi.htm
    not the cheapest at high season, middling in september (and fairly reasonable out of season), but it is really a lovely place.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Hungryjoey - which company did you book with? Had looked at Bella Italia but it looked so big and busy is it very noisey or crowded?

hdowney - we too are thinking of flying To Milan but will hire a car because we want to visit Venice.

munchkin_utd - Apartments look nice but is the pool small and what are the facitlities like - sports, bar, restaurant etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

PaddyJules wrote: »
    Hungryjoey - which company did you book with? Had looked at Bella Italia but it looked so big and busy is it very noisey or crowded?

hdowney - we too are thinking of flying To Milan but will hire a car because we want to visit Venice.

munchkin_utd - Apartments look nice but is the pool small and what are the facitlities like - sports, bar, restaurant etc.

Honestly (and of course it depends on where you are staying) you don't need a car to visit Venice. You'd have to park it at the carpark on the outskirts anyway (name has temporarily left my head!). There are decent enough train services from major centres such as Peschiera/Garda etc to Venice. We are going to head up one day. Venice is like a second home to me (we were there for two weeks 2 years ago, going for a week next year....) :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement