Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wages

Options
  • 06-04-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am a head of department on Thursday six months after I have been promoted I learnt that my assistant who works 24 hrs a week while I do a 40 plus unpaid overtime is getting 7.5k gross more then me. I learnt this in a managers meeting where the MD was also.

My wife says i should ask for a increase but I am not sure I was brought up by 12k six months ago when promoted. Any advice I am in the company ten years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Is she pro-rata getting more than you,or is she on basically double your wages?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

She is getting it over the course of the year. But basically she doing 24 hrs and I am doing 40 to 56 hrs a week so if you go by hourly rate she on double my salary.

Advertisement