Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 4.7.2015

Options
  • 06-04-2015 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

2 at big prices for me tomorrow at Fairyhouse

Heck Thomas in the 4.25 e/w at 20's finished well beaten behind i shot the sheriff and velocity boy over 2mile 4, should appreciate the 3 miles here, worth taking on chance for me that he's better than that with Fox taking of 5lb he's on a reasonable weight

Western Boy in the 4.55 e/w at 14's, class enough on his day, thought he was running a good race over hurdles behind felix yonger at leop before making a hash of the 2nd last hurdle, plenty of weight but again at the price i think he'll run well.

Only issue for me is there both JP runners and ya just never know if they're having an easy day out or not...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Jaysus the hangover is bad when i cant tell its Tuesday tomorrow not Thursday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

And you think it's July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Definately one to watch tomorrow in the market is ROAYH 2.00 Ponte.
    Has first run for 808 days for new trainer Rae Guest. Rae Guest is 4 wins from his last 11 and jockey is 2 from 10. This horse was placed at group 2 level previously and runs off 75 tomorrow so as i say market will tell us about its chances but ive had a small ew play just incase.
    gl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I really like the look of Archie Meade tomorrow though he is quite hard to win with. 0/10 strike rate over fences doesn't inspire much confidence but he's really well handicapped and is ten pounds below his hurdles mark. Ran a good race when keeping on well to be beaten 7 lengths in a good race down at Gowran over 2 1/2 miles behind a really well handicapped Toon River (had ran well for a long way in the Theyestes and since hacked up in a Grade B handicap off half a stone higher). Second horse that day was just touched off by No Secrets in a handicap off 2 lbs higher, and the form of his second at Leop the time before over hurdles is very strong, winner was beaten a head in a handicap next time off 9lbs higher and was a good third in a decent handicap at Fairyhouse today, third horse absolutely hacked up next time out in a handicap, fourth won since too.

9/2 is a good price in this race I thought he should be fav, Miss Xian has won her last two and is respected but I'd be amazed if she was good enough to win off a mark this high. i could be missing something but don't remotely fancy Thelobstercatcher off a mark this high. Are Ya Right Chief could be the main threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Okotoks reverts to nhf and 2miles after a run over hurldles in the last at fairyhouse. Got beaten fto by stablemate blaire perone which wasn't a bad effort. Another fair effort against liveloughlaugh. Trainer owner were amongst winners today and was well beaten upped in trip over hurdles so looks like he has been freshened up for this and interesting that goes here in preference to the gr 2 he holds an entry for at Aintree. 8/1 ew

Also like the look of green zone in the first at pontefract. Steps out of own age group for first time and form doesn't amount to much but open to improvement and I would have expected a run over an inadequate trip up in grade with an amateur bouncing around uncontrollably on his back rather than where he has won before. Market will be best guide tomorrow. 8/1 ew. Also backing both in an ew double.

One I've backed the last two times is Draco. Runs again in another big handicap at fairyhouse tomorrow. He's going to land one of these soon but he's vying for favoritism tomorrow and at the prices I'm willing to let him go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Agree about Western Boy. Also think he's a better horse going right handed so that's a positive for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

i could be missing something but don't remotely fancy Thelobstercatcher off a mark this high. Are Ya Right Chief could be the main threat.

Think you might be underestimating Thelobstercatcher quite a bit. His form is 112 at Fairyhouse and his form in races at 3m 1f on ground better than heavy reads 1232312. He's won off higher marks in his early career and ran well from this mark last time plus given Miss Xian is 10 lb higher in the weights I'd expect him to turn that form around. With Archie Meade and Are You Right Chief being pretty infrequent winners, I'm on The lobstercatcher for sure. DJ Casey also has an impeccable record riding for P A Fahey at Fairyhouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭2Bints1Joe

kalinisi wrote: »
    Jaysus the hangover is bad when i cant tell its Tuesday tomorrow not Thursday....

You gave me some fright. I had to hover over the date on computer thought i was losing it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

One bet tomorrow, Berrahri 4.50 2/1

Won at this course and distance last month, beating the same horse that is second favourite tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I really like the look of Archie Meade tomorrow though he is quite hard to win with. 0/10 strike rate over fences doesn't inspire much confidence but he's really well handicapped and is ten pounds below his hurdles mark. Ran a good race when keeping on well to be beaten 7 lengths in a good race down at Gowran over 2 1/2 miles behind a really well handicapped Toon River (had ran well for a long way in the Theyestes and since hacked up in a Grade B handicap off half a stone higher). Second horse that day was just touched off by No Secrets in a handicap off 2 lbs higher, and the form of his second at Leop the time before over hurdles is very strong, winner was beaten a head in a handicap next time off 9lbs higher and was a good third in a decent handicap at Fairyhouse today, third horse absolutely hacked up next time out in a handicap, fourth won since too.

9/2 is a good price in this race I thought he should be fav, Miss Xian has won her last two and is respected but I'd be amazed if she was good enough to win off a mark this high. i could be missing something but don't remotely fancy Thelobstercatcher off a mark this high. Are Ya Right Chief could be the main threat.

Archie Meade is now a non-runner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

Heck Thomas in the 4.25 e/w at 20's finished well beaten behind i shot the sheriff and velocity boy over 2mile 4, should appreciate the 3 miles here, worth taking on chance for me that he's better than that with Fox taking of 5lb he's on a reasonable weight

Western Boy in the 4.55 e/w at 14's, class enough on his day, thought he was running a good race over hurdles behind felix yonger at leop before making a hash of the 2nd last hurdle, plenty of weight but again at the price i think he'll run well.

Only issue for me is there both JP runners and ya just never know if they're having an easy day out or not...

i have had a big bet on Rathpatrick in the 4.25.

ran a good race at Gowran when stepped up to 2 1/2 miles. form ties in closely with some of the runners here.
    won over course 2 runs back when beating the well backed Oscar Knight who had AP up.

the fact that he is bred for this trip and won so well over 2m i think makes him an above average beast

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

i have had a big bet on Rathpatrick in the 4.25.

ran a good race at Gowran when stepped up to 2 1/2 miles. form ties in closely with some of the runners here.
    won over course 2 runs back when beating the well backed Oscar Knight who had AP up.

Think you might be underestimating Thelobstercatcher quite a bit. His form is 112 at Fairyhouse and his form in races at 3m 1f on ground better than heavy reads 1232312. He's won off higher marks in his early career and ran well from this mark last time plus given Miss Xian is 10 lb higher in the weights I'd expect him to turn that form around. With Archie Meade and Are You Right Chief being pretty infrequent winners, I'm on The lobstercatcher for sure. DJ Casey also has an impeccable record riding for P A Fahey at Fairyhouse.

He never won off higher marks he got a higher mark in a few novices but never ran in a handicap with a mark like it. I was keen to take him on he looks plenty high and yeah he was second last time out but he was still beaten twelve lengths. Archie Meade out anyway old luck with your one

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

This is not a tip, but backed hills and dales 3:40 lingfield, hoping he can strike. Apprentice jockey taking 5lbs, on his second hire for appleby. First ride was a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

He never won off higher marks he got a higher mark in a few novices but never ran in a handicap with a mark like it. I was keen to take him on he looks plenty high and yeah he was second last time out but he was still beaten twelve lengths. Archie Meade out anyway old luck with your one

He won twice in handicaps off of 121 and 128 respectively back in 2011. I know it's quite a while back but he loves the course and has the perfect conditions. He should have every chance. I don't think he'll be out of the first three.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

TheFense wrote: »
    This is not a tip, but backed hills and dales 3:40 lingfield, hoping he can strike. Apprentice jockey taking 5lbs, on his second hire for appleby. First ride was a win.

Congrats to you good sir

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

TheFense wrote: »

I know it wasn't a tip, but it did me nicely! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TheFense

Skintwin wrote: »
    I know it wasn't a tip, but it did me nicely! Cheers!

Pretty much made up for a rough national, glad you go on 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Great ride from Ruby there. He went off fast and then slowed it down and then kicked again and all teh while never allowed Carberry to get in a rythmn on Mallowney. Really good ride and it's been said before but Ruby riding from the front is a dangerous animal, he sets the fractions so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Going with oeil the tigre 4:40 lingfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Small ew on fine article in the next

Shocking price the fav here

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

handsfree2 wrote: »
    Small ew on fine article in the next

2nd by a neck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm in college listening to the comms on the racing fm app and Tony O Hehir needs to be sacked because he was calling Rathpatrick the winner before the last.. How is he still in a job??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

I'm in college listening to the comms on the racing fm app and Tony O Hehir needs to be sacked because he was calling Rathpatrick the winner before the last.. How is he still in a job??

Its dessie on course dont they take it from course.... Yep tony is bad a few bad calls on rte

Fav has win here chelmsford 450

jjll wrote: »
    Fav has win here chelmsford 450

ended up having barging match and out wide all way

can mccoy get a win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

jjll wrote: »
    Its dessie on course dont they take it from course.... Yep tony is bad a few bad calls on rte

Yeah dessie just called a horse that is not even in the race:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

racso1975 wrote: »
    Yeah dessie just called a horse that is not even in the race:rolleyes:

I was at Fairyhouse today,in the Hunter Chase there was a horse called Cork Citizen which became Kerry Citizen and then became Cork Citizen and was Kerry Citizen again

Its a difficult job but Dessie has been steadily losing the plot in recent months,
    This race had 5 runners and was a 3 mile hunter chase...I can understand mistakes and slips of the tongue in a 5 furlong sprint handicap with 20 runners but ......

• Advertisement
Advertisement