Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chick travelling Solo

Options
  • 06-04-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm a 22 year old female, finished my undergraduate degree at the start of May & I'm itching to travel before I start an intensive masters in September.

Although I know most countries are safe, I've been to a lot of North African countries that put the fear of God in me if I were to travel alone. I'm an outgoing person that enjoys a bitta night life & meeting new people, but having a person with me would be piece of mind.

I'd like to travel between May until the end of July, I'd love to go inter-railing around Eastern Europe, work on a farm, teach English... anything really that would be in the budget of 1000e including flights.

Due to the times many of my friends just haven't got the funds. Any advice or free spirited travellers would be great to hear back from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭smokeyjoe123

Tonntaa wrote: »
    I'm a 22 year old female, finished my undergraduate degree at the start of May & I'm itching to travel before I start an intensive masters in September.

Although I know most countries are safe, I've been to a lot of North African countries that put the fear of God in me if I were to travel alone. I'm an outgoing person that enjoys a bitta night life & meeting new people, but having a person with me would be piece of mind.

I'd like to travel between May until the end of July, I'd love to go inter-railing around Eastern Europe, work on a farm, teach English... anything really that would be in the budget of 1000e including flights.

Due to the times many of my friends just haven't got the funds. Any advice or free spirited travellers would be great to hear back from.

Finishing up my job at the end of this month and have over a month before I start a new job. I am mad to do a bit of travel, having never done the solo/backpacking thing before. Have lived abroad for a couple of years though. Was thinking of South America, don't know if it's possible to do it all in a month (Rio, Buenos Aires, Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego, Machu Picchu, Uyuni Salt Flats, Iguazu Falls etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

Just something to be aware of, a lot of countries tourist visas won't cover you to work, even if this is in a voluntary capacity. This would cover teaching English or working on a farm as you mention. South East Asia is in low season during the dates you mention and would be within budget although you may not be able to work legally there unless you apply for visas in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

no visa needed for eastern europe though as most of it is in the EU.

Advertisement