Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds for information system?

Options
  • 06-04-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

Hi im doing a postgraduate diploma in accounting and there is a business information module which I was not originally going to take so ive not been to any exams.

Im thinking now that I might give it ago as from looking at the exam papers and taking to other people it does not seem to bad.

The exams are next month though and I need to leard how to do the following:

Data flow diagrams
    3 stages of normalisation
    Entity-relationship diagram

Would anybody have a good knowledge of the above and be able to offer some grinds or have any idea where I should go to someone that would be qualified for the above?

Ive seen some people offering grinds in computer science. Would such people likely have experience with the above?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Google is your friend.

If you have any specific questions that are not homework, post them here with examples of what you are having issues with.
    Ive seen some people offering grinds in computer science. Would such people likely have experience with the above?
    any competent person should.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

lightspeed wrote: »
    Data flow diagrams

Until such time as you get a person willing to give you grinds, go to your library and get a book on database fundamentals - it will explain the above and get you started.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

lightspeed wrote: »
    Data flow diagrams
    Hello 1970's!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭veryangryman

croo wrote: »

They taught us these in 2002. I guess one has to understand the history and how things are conceptualised before using the automated versions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

croo wrote: »

All that's missing is CODASYL databases and punch cards.
    They taught us these in 2002. I guess one has to understand the history and how things are conceptualised before using the automated versions etc.

In the college I work in, the three topics are still taught for the reasons you state. I'd say any database fundamentals course teaches these three at a minimum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement