Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday 6th April

Options
  • 05-04-2015 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Have backed a few tomorrow. Some good racing to look forward to.

15.55 Redcar
    King of Eden looks well handicapped and seems gd value at 22/1 with 365. Has won off marks of 83 82 and 79 and is over his best distance of 7f. Ground should suit and was running ok at the tail end of last year on AW. 1 pt win 22/1

14.55 Cork Battleoftheboyne looks very well handicapped. Has won over 5 f off a mark of 87. Will love the ground and should run well of a mark of 58. 3 pts win

15.55 Fairyhouse. Seskinane could run well here. Coming down the weights and was well supported at Leopardstown at Christmas in the 3 mile handicap hurdle. I think this distance is perfect for him. Ran ok at Christmas and just maybe didn't see out the 3 miles. I think 33s is generous. 1 pt ew.

I have followed Aidan for the National for small stakes for an interest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Going to have a go with VICTORS SERENADE 16/1 EW 2.55 chepstow.
    Dropped in grade and last win was over c&d in which carruthers was way way behind so seems decent value @ 16s. Its also trainers only horse at the meeting.
    gl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Like pixie spirit in the 14.55 in cork. Obviously concerned since first Run of year but fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Am on Battleroftheboyne as well, 16/1. Wrote about it a few times before, have always said it needed soft to show its best. Well, it has it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Just backed Battleroftheboyne at 16/1 in the second at Cork who has a much better chance than his form figures suggest. Price is coming in in a few places so hopefully a sign he is fit.

Lol I hadn't read any of the posts before I posted. Battleroftheboyne day by te looks of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

I reckon sempri Medici is a sure thing.

Ring chief is a solid ew shot in the first in fairy house.

Backed dedigout and grand gesture too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

14:45-Prussian Eagle is notably consistent if not progressive. However he may not have to improve much here he enjoys a nice freshness edge of some of those who ran at Cheltenham. There should be no shortage of pace here which will suit Prussian Eagle as he likes to be held up. There are possibly others with greater potential to improve in the field but this lad should run his race and hard to see him out of the top three.

15:20-Dedigout looks the nap. Noble Endevour is improving but Cheltenham looked a tough race for him and his price isn't particularly appealing in this company. Thousand Stars as much as I love him he has to be taken on at the age of 11 and circa a year off the track.

15:55-Dramatic step up in trip for Kylestyle who has been acquiting himself reasonably over inadequate trips. There's plenty of stamina on the dam side so you'd like to think that he should improve for the step up here today. I thought his last run was particularly eyecatching and Sir Scorpion boosted the form nicely yesterday. There's been plenty of each way money for him, I missed the 25's but willing to play at 16's.
    It's also about time that Sir Ector was stepped up in trip over hurdles but the yard has been in rotten form so prepared to leave him for today but will be watching him closely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

4/1 is too big a price to pass up on Thousand Stars, even with a lack of race fitness.

in the 3:55 Fever Pitch has a great chance from the bottom of the weights, very well treated over hurdles compared to his chase rating, and I have doubts over how much more improvement the Tony Martin horses in the race have in them.

if I had to pick a horse for the National, it'd be Dogora e/w. Stayed on well to finish 4th in the Cross Country at Cheltenham, and could still be on a handy mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭frank93

Battlerotheboyne into 7s with powers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

Anyone got a view of the 2.55 at Longchamp, 9f race.

Al Kazeem runs, Ryan Moore piloting. Draw 9,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

Anyone got a view of the 2.55 at Longchamp, 9f race.

Al Kazeem runs, Ryan Moore piloting. Draw 9,

Trainer says he's been quietly kept on the go so hopefully he's fit enough and he goes in this ground. The field have quite a bit to find on form but Fate looks the least exposed and is a half sister to Pride who won 3 Group 1s and placed in the Arc as a 6 year old. Al Kazeem looks the winner if he's ready with Moore booked but the 6 year old Fate could easily be the best of the rest and at 12/1 looks a good each-way play.

I'd chance Free Port Lux

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I like
    Enter The Red ew at 8-1 in the 2.55

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Big price winner.
    Crap ! 2.55

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Great to see Al Kazeem win

uxiant wrote: »
    Trainer says he's been quietly kept on the go so hopefully he's fit enough and he goes in this ground. The field have quite a bit to find on form but Fate looks the least exposed and is a half sister to Pride who won 3 Group 1s and placed in the Arc as a 6 year old. Al Kazeem looks the winner if he's ready with Moore booked but the 6 year old Fate could easily be the best of the rest and at 12/1 looks a good each-way play.
    Good man. Nice win thanks for the push

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Had 2 bets wildabeast and tammys hill each way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Carberry at his best there.. Great ride

Lovely ride by Carbery there. Fine performance by Thousand Stars

Cork in the next, Eddie Lyneham's "power" horse, piloted by Pat Smullen.

• Advertisement

Cork in the next, Eddie Lyneham's "power" horse, piloted by Pat Smullen.

Bugger, Smullen looking for a gap, horse wasn't interested. Oh well.

Wayne Lordans record at 6F in Ireland is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Stewards Inquiry in Cork. Don't know the details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

What are we thinking for the 3:55 lads

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Snipp

im having a small each way on fever pitch

Mydor, nice claimer.each way

Sean Bowen wins again

Great to see that British racing is producing some fine apprentices or recently turned pro jockeys.

This year you have Bowen and Nico De Bonville. Young Sheehan is going well in his first full year post conditions period

Things looking interesting between Ruby and Townend for the championship. Note, both lads missed time due to injuries at the beginning on the season, more so with Ruby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Another day, another Joseph screw-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Another day, another Joseph screw-up.

On the Easterby horse in the sprint?
    Went for a gap that wasn't there??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Fancy phils magic in the next 11/2 small win...

Advertisement