Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend appears to have a poltergeist in her apartment...

Options
  • 05-04-2015 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd put this out there, as it is confusing the hell out of me as a fairly pragmatic guy with an engineering background who tends to look for the logical explanation in most things.

My friend recently showed me a wine glass that has appeared to have exploded while sitting on her kitchen counter top.

My first thought was that maybe she didn't realise that there may have been a tiny film of water on the counter top after she may have wiped the counter, (which she didn't), that would have caused the glass to travel on this thin film of water, to the edge of the counter top, and fall off the kitchen counter and smash onto the floor.

But when I put this scenario to her, she reasonably argued that surely then the stem/base of the glass would also have smashed onto the floor, but in this case it was still resting on the counter top.

She also pointed to glass shards in the sink, beside where the glass was positioned on the counter top, that indicated some sort of blast type event where material was spread outwards from where the glass was left on the counter top.

It looks like this glass exploded, but I've never seen anything like this in my life, just looking for thoughts on this incident and if there may be some explanation for this that I'm not seeing... I'm genuinely bamboozled on this one and it looks on the face of it like something supernatural...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

heat

I once put a plate on hob to heat it and a minute or so after removing it from the hob it shattered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

After I washed a glass and put it on the side it shattered, apparently due to going from hot sink to cold side. Maybe this was something similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i would say heat or natural temperature change as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Happened to me before with a long neck glass.

It was the heat mixing with the glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

yes, if there was even a slight crack in it, it could just have shattered with a bit of heat, even through the window, the heat from the sun could be enough to make it shatter, and one shattered glass does not a poltergeist make.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I'll need more evidence than a glass breaking I'm afraid. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 the raven 15

A certain pitch of sound shattered it Probably.

A boardsie who used to be a regular here had a pint glass explode on his kitchen table. Its actually a flaw in some glass, some of them are a timebomb. Happens alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Was it a plain clear glass or a tinted glass?

• Advertisement

catallus wrote: »
    Was it a plain clear glass or a tinted glass?

clear

Advertisement