Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made redundant from a role that is now advertised

Options
  • 05-04-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi ,
    I have a query about redundancy. The background- I was made redundant last year. I took redundancy because I was told my role was gone as part of a restructuring. If I stayed I would have to do a different role with some of my old job activities. As the new role was a more junior role I would no longer report into a senior manager and my title would change. I decided to take redundancy as I felt that taking a more junior role ,career wise was not a good move.
    My old job is now advertised with exactly the same title,responsibilities and skill requirements.

My question is is it legal to make a role redundant and a few months later reinstate it?

I would appreciate some advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Cannot offer legal advice.

Are you sure that the role bee offered is exactly the same.
    It is very easy to differentiate two roles with subtle differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

I think there is a law that you cant fill a role within six months of making someone redundant. Tbh id he very surprised if any company was dumb enough to risk it. Check with citizens advice, they are good for that type of information

Advertisement