Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best blades

Options
  • 05-04-2015 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Guys Im using WS Blades and they are not exactly wonderful, what are the best blades you have ever used?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

I really like the Gilette Silver Blues and Wilkinson Swords. First shave with the Wilkinsons seems to be a bit rough for me for some reason. I've also tried Astra and Darby and hated them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Blades are very subjective. The blades I currently have and like in no particular order are Bolzano, Feather, Astra SP, Gillette Yellow and Ccroma Diamant.

The best thing to do is to order a blade sampler and try out different blares to see which you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Have them ordered waiting for the post on Tuesday..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I'd have sent you a sample pack for free, but I see you've already ordered some.

My personal favourites would be Personna Lab Blues (USA), Crystal (Israeli Personnas I think) and Gillette 7 O'Clock Blacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

jpb1974 wrote: »
    I'd have sent you a sample pack for free, but I see you've already ordered some.

My personal favourites would be Personna Lab Blues (USA), Crystal (Israeli Personnas I think) and Gillette 7 O'Clock Blacks.

You can still send them on if you wish, Im not sure whats in the pack Ive ordered. Does soap/ lather have a big part to play in the finished shave.??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Ive been getting a rash lately from wilkinson swords blade hydro 5? I figure its that because Ive tried several different gels/foams to no avail!

How do I go about ordering a sampler?

Apologies for the noob question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

macadam wrote: »
    You can still send them on if you wish, Im not sure whats in the pack Ive ordered. Does soap/ lather have a big part to play in the finished shave.??

PM me your address and I'll send something during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Ive been getting a rash lately from wilkinson swords blade hydro 5? I figure its that because Ive tried several different gels/foams to no avail!

How do I go about ordering a sampler?

Apologies for the noob question :)

The hydro 5 is a cartridge razor with five blades so that might definitely cause irritation. With cartridges I find the Mach 3 best because it has less blades than the fusion or the Hydro 5 so it causes a bit less irritation and is easier to manoeuvre around the tricky spots. I have a sensor excel handle arriving soon (2 blades) so I think that might be even better still.

The blade sample pack the posters are talking about above are for double edged razor blades. If you're interested in that you can pick up a Wilkinson Sword classic razor for a few euro in boots.

If you do stick with the cartridges, I always found that Dove soap makes a much better lather than the spray can crap. It worked very well for me with a Mach 3 for ages. (Don't try the dove with a DE razor though, nowhere near enough protection from the blade)

Advertisement