Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Innocence Day

Options
  • 04-04-2015 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭

Innocence Day

I believe that Public Holidays should be named after a theme or quality. To begin with' the first of these could be called Innocence Day, it could be celebrated say on the May, June or the August pubic holiday to celebrate our own Innocence and dedicated to the memory Harry Gleeson, the first person in the State to receive a posthumous pardon by the President in the year 2015.

On a personal level this would be a day to celebrate our own Innocence of events in our own lives that we have been falsely accused of by ourselves or others .

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭TheCowboy

Xenophile wrote: »
    Innocence Day

I believe that Public Holidays should be named after a theme or quality. To begin with' the first of these could be called Innocence Day, it could be celebrated say on the May, June or the August pubic holiday to celebrate our own Innocence and dedicated to the memory Harry Gleeson, the first person in the State to receive a posthumous pardon by the President in the year 2015.

On a personal level this would be a day to celebrate our own Innocence of events in our own lives that we have been falsely accused of by ourselves or others .
    why would you celebrate being falsely accused of somethinhg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

TheCowboy wrote: »
    why would you celebrate being falsely accused of somethinhg

We celebrate our own Innocence and the Innocence of others.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Roger Buck

The older I get, the less innocent I see myself ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Roger Buck wrote: »
    The older I get, the less innocent I see myself ...

This is got to do with the ego and the imposition of negative emotions such as guilt, shame and blame in relation relation to the dogmatic teaching of our formative years, it would be worth your while to visit a psychotherapist who incorporates ACIM in their work. Kenneth Wapnick Gerard Jampolski are authors who could give you some direction through their work, specially thorough their DVD's.!

Advertisement