Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Time

Options
  • 03-04-2015 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I am getting a first tattoo of a quote in Irish and I was hoping somebody could clear up or shed some light on a few things:

Generally how much does a quote cost? Or what is the pricing structure?

I assume words are relatively simple so is the artist a big issue?

How long usually after would I have to keep it covered up?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

DC1860 wrote: »
    Hi I am getting a first tattoo of a quote in Irish and I was hoping somebody could clear up or shed some light on a few things:

Generally how much does a quote cost? Or what is the pricing structure?

Depends on the size of the quote. Assuming it's small enough, you're probably looking at a minimum charge. €60 - 100 depending on shop.
    I assume words are relatively simple so is the artist a big issue?

I would tend to agree but do make sure you go to someone decent. It'll make a difference in how well it comes out and stays in.
    How long usually after would I have to keep it covered up?

Thanks for any help.

Cover it until you get home. Have a good hot shower with antibacterial soap. Then remember to keep it moisturised and clean it regularly. Try to avoid oil based moisturers. Johnsons Bay Lotion did a great job on my last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DC1860

Thank you that helps clear things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Sorry to Hi-jack this thread. but im also a first timer.
    ive come up with the idea of the tattoo i want for my first time.
    but ive a feeling i may have picked one that costs a fortune and may take forever.

i understand that it can be done in phases, but will it look rubbish after 1st/2nd going?
    Any idea rough cost? and duration?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement