Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S5 / Lollipop 5.0

Options
  • 03-04-2015 8:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question.

I've had all generations of the Galaxy S phones but on getting the S5 Lollipop 5.0 it's been constant problems and I am wondering is it just me.

- Frequently get a message saying that 'Contacts' has crashed.
    - Apps frequently close for no reason
    - If I have TuneIn Radio open and 'Exit' the app, my lock-screen still shows me having the app open unless I reboot.
    - Sometimes numbers on the lock-screen or elsewhere turn into white blocks, going away when I reboot.

Known problem or should I do a fresh install? Not rooted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Did you factory reset? Seems to fix a lot of problems after upgrading to lollipop.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not yet, it's so damn time consuming I was hoping to avoid it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Sully wrote: »
    Quick question.

I've had all generations of the Galaxy S phones but on getting the S5 Lollipop 5.0 it's been constant problems and I am wondering is it just me.

- Frequently get a message saying that 'Contacts' has crashed.
    - Apps frequently close for no reason
    - If I have TuneIn Radio open and 'Exit' the app, my lock-screen still shows me having the app open unless I reboot.
    - Sometimes numbers on the lock-screen or elsewhere turn into white blocks, going away when I reboot.

Known problem or should I do a fresh install? Not rooted.

I have the S4 and updated it during the week and
    - Frequently get a message saying that 'Contacts' has crashed. SAME
    - Apps frequently close for no reason SAME

I have read that a factory reset should sort it out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

In the middle of the factory reset. Fingers and toes crossed it will fix the problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

How did the reset go Sully?

• Advertisement

How did the reset go Sully?

So far so good but ill know more after using it a bit more during the week!

I hate the stock keyboard and the paid one (Smartkeypad) doesn't have easily accessible smilies so may look at alternatives for fast typers, one that remembers words and doesn't have a full stop in the way!!

Just to update the thread - the problems persist, sadly. I'm mulling on the idea of returning it for repair but they probably won't do anything different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I had this happen too but haven't noticed it since I got the latest UK unbranded (BTU) firmware (BOD3)

Advertisement