Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help !!

Options
  • 03-04-2015 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

can someone android versed pm me please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Why don't you post it here? Chances are it's an easy question and many of us can answer it. If it's posted here it might go towards helping someone in the future too.

Have you tried googling your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Don't want to look like an idiot, I'll post once I find the solution.
    Yes, I did google it but I'm still stuck!

Right! I can't fix it alone so here it goes and please don't be too harsh.

initially followed this to install the SW version of the jiayu S3 stock rom.

http://www.spemall.com/forum/topic/2160-how-to-install-international-rom-for-jiayu-s3-basic-and-jiayu-s3-advanced/

Nothing happened until I started playing around with the drivers. Then I got about 2% into the process and the flashtool crashed.

Now every time I try again I get this:

s3_mess.png

Right, I finally got this phone working

I can't turn on the phone anymore, it lingers in the Jyaiu screen but it charges and I can get into recovery mode and I've tried a factory reset from there but no joy on that either!

Also, like an idiot, I did not make a backup.

I am thinking it has something to do with the drivers as the flashtool is unable to communicate with the phone, but I have no idea how to fix it!

My computer doesn't recognise the device and, essentially it switches it off!

Can someone please help me?

GOT IT FIXED!!!!

So what I did was this

1. Formated my computer (you may now have to if you have not yet connected your phone to your pc)
    2. Got the drivers from here:
    http://thebroodle.com/microsoft/windows/how-to-install-mtk65xx-preloader-usb-vcom-drivers-in-windows/
    3. Connected the phone on to the PC and windows installed some drivers
    4. Removed phone
    5. Turned off phone
    6. Opened pc device manager
    7. Turned on flashtool (followed the tutorial above) and pressed downloard
    8. Went back to device manager
    9. Connected switched off phone to PC via USB
    10. Go to device manager and waited for MTK65XX to apear under other devices
    (this only shows up for a few seconds so keep a close eye on it) - if you miss it you can start over!
    11. Right clicked on MTK65XX
    12. Select update driver
    13. Bowse
    14. Selected USB driver folder
    15. Click ok
    16. Flastool will start working straigt away

Flash complete and phone is working! Sigh of relief and curse windows over and over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Good to hear and fair play for putting up a guide. No doubt it will help someone else someday.

• Advertisement

No problem! I'm adding a more complete guide on the chinese phones thread, just in case!
    Also:
    STUPID WINDOWS!!!

Advertisement