Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting in May

Options
  • 03-04-2015 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I intend to vote in the Marriage Equality and the Presidency Candidate Age referendums in May. The thing is I'm not sure if I'll be eligible to as I turn 18 on the 15th of May and the date for the referendum is the 22nd, can anyone help me out?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I intend to vote in the Marriage Equality and the Presidency Candidate Age referendums in May. The thing is I'm not sure if I'll be eligible to as I turn 18 on the 15th of May and the date for the referendum is the 22nd, can anyone help me out?
    Cheers!

Chris, from memory I think Feb 15th (being aged 18 on or before this date in the calender year of the vote) is the arbitrary cut-off point, so I don't think you'll be able to vote this year. Someone else might be able to verify as it seems a bit unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

If your name is not on the Register of Electors in February, you may still make an application to be included in a supplement to the Register on form RFA2. You can make this application at any time, but in order to be included in the supplement used at an election, your application must be received by your local authority at least 15 days before polling day (Sundays, public holidays and Good Friday are not counted as days for this purpose).

You are eligible for inclusion in the supplement to the Register of Electors on or after the day on which you reach 18 years of age. You can be included if this birthday falls after the closing date for applications but is on or before polling day. If you are within this category, you should accompany your application with a copy of your birth certificate.

Form RFA2. So you've still got another month to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ChrisBarrett7

pajor wrote: »
    Form RFA2. So you've still got another month to register.

Great, cheers for that! So I'll just fill out that form and drop it into the post office?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Great, cheers for that! So I'll just fill out that form and drop it into the post office?

You need to get the rfa2 form stamped by gardai and then send it to your county council

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ChrisBarrett7

Cheers for all the help, successfully registered on Saturday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement