Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substitute Basic Pay

Options
  • 03-04-2015 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys, I'm subbing at the moment (secondary) its on and off subbing basically on call in various schools. On my pay slip it says Substitute -Basic , is that correct or am I being paid the unqualified rate. I am qualified and registered with the teaching council

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Are you getting any allowances?
    When did you qualify?

The basic sub rate is for qualified teachers.

Unqualified teachers shouldnt be teaching.
    Isn't that why we pay the TC €65 a year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

They still have the unqualified rate on their pay rates though.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

I've had substitute - basic on all of my payslips since September (primary), and it's definitely at the qualified rate because I checked it on the INTO website. Maybe your union has a similar page where rates are outlined, it's also outlined in the purple diary that all union members get at the start of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Basic just means standard pay, it doesn't include qualification or dip allowance. I'm permanent and my left hand side still says pay - basic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

theres actually a few teachers unqualifed without the dip teaching from day to day in schools that are stuck, this can turn into week to week very easily if a head is happy with them. there are not half as many secondary teaching graduates as 5 years ago. most were scared off by the horror stories!

• Advertisement
Advertisement