Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for Bus / train day trips from Dublin

Options
  • 02-04-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi. Wondering would anyone have any suggestions for interesting places to go and visit from Dublin by bus / train this summer.

Already did Belfast, Kilkenny, Wexford, Galway and Cork over the last couple of years. Looking for some ideas on places to go and visit this summer. So far I am thinking maybe this year of Athlone, Waterford and Limerick. But would welcome any suggestions / ideas for other places to go visit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Id give Limerick a go its a nice city and more to do there than Athlone. I heard all the stories the media put out about it but I found it a really nice place to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

carrick on shannon is a very good weekend destination, it offers pretty much alot of what athlone does without many of its issues. westport is well known and worth a visit though probably best avoided on reek weekend (last weekend in july) when everywhere will be jammed.

Advertisement