Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gealt's Gaeilge questions

Options
  • 02-04-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I want to say as gaeilge: 'The manager said to the nurse'. Is it 'Duirt an bainisteoir ar an/leis an banaltra'?? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gealt95

I want to say as gaeilge: ' The doctor did not help the boy yet'! Do I say 'Ni raibh an doctuir ag cabhair/chathraigh an buachaill fos'?? Thanks! ;)

'The player saw an X-Ray of his leg. As gaeilge is this: 'Chonaic an t-imreoir x-gha a chos'. Is this correct?? Thanks :)

Is it ok to say as gaeilge: 'it rained heavily' -> 'Chuir se fearthainn go trom'

Is it ok to say as gaeilge 'Ni raibh an sean fhear a fhios conas a tharla se'. 'The old man did not know how it happened'

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No need for a separate thread for every question. I've merged them all into one for you. :)

/mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Eirien

Gealt95 wrote: »
    I want to say as gaeilge: 'The manager said to the nurse'. Is it 'Duirt an bainisteoir ar an/leis an banaltra'?? Thanks!

You'd say "Dúirt an bainisteoir leis an mbanaltra".

You may find a lot of examples how and when to use which preposition in Lars Braesicke's gramadach - I'm not allowed to post a link, but you'll find it at nualeargais.ie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Eirien wrote: »
    You may find a lot of examples how and when to use which preposition in Lars Braesicke's gramadach - I'm not allowed to post a link, but you'll find it at nualeargais.ie

Good call. Fantastic resource. http://nualeargais.ie/gnag/gramadac.htm

Chonaic an t-imreoir x-gha dá chos.

Ní raibh a fhios ag an seanfhear conas a tharla sé.

Gealt95 wrote: »
    I want to say as gaeilge: ' The doctor did not help the boy yet'! Do I say 'Ni raibh an doctuir ag cabhair/chathraigh an buachaill fos'?? Thanks! ;)

Níor thug an dochtúir cabhair don bhuachaill fós.

Advertisement