Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning for LC Science Subjects

Options
  • 02-04-2015 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I am just getting into 6th year, currently in 5th year.
    I am doing Bio,Chem and Ag Science.
    All the tests I have got this year(Mid-Term,Christmas,Easter) I have been studying from the exam papers, back to the year 2004. The results were very good to me from the exams.
    Now I am going to do the same for the summer.
    I hate studying from the books, I only use the notes and book for subjects like Business+Economics, as I find it enjoying and quite comfortable learning essays and long answers off ! :P
    But I was wondering if I learned off the exam qs for my actual leaving cert, (I will start studying from the summer onwards.)
    Will it have any drawbacks or such for me when it comes to the exam.
    I will learn all the exam qs till the year 2004 for each section for the 2 sciences and Ag I will be doing. As I learned that similar questions come up year after year, there is no new question for these 3.
    So could I have peoples opinions, especially 6th years since who might be doing this or such.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Looking at the exam papers is definitely important but after learning all the questions for a particular topic, I would glance through the textbook or the marking scheme to make sure you haven't left anything out, as there are certain things that haven't yet come up but could still be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

emersyn wrote: »
    Looking at the exam papers is definitely important but after learning all the questions for a particular topic, I would glance through the textbook or the marking scheme to make sure you haven't left anything out, as there are certain things that haven't yet come up but could still be asked.

Yes that is what I do. I learn of the answers from the marking schemes. Thanks for the tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mahmoudsaid_1

Could help but don't rely 100% of them

Advertisement