Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adobe Indesign help!

• 02-04-2015 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi peeps, just looking for a bit of help in regards to numbering in Indesign. Basically if I creating numerous text boxes with lists in the one page, the numbers would continue. But how do I continue the numbers into the next page?

For example the last text box with list finishes at 28 on page 1, I then create a new text box in page 2 but want to continue the numbering ie. 29. So if I have numerous pages, when I change something in one page, the rest auto changes accordingly. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Look for a little box just above the bottom right-hand corner of the text box. If there's text in the box that fits, it will appear blue, and if there's more text in the box than will fit, it will appear with a red outline and a little red cross in it.

Click on this box. Text will appear beside your cursor. Click on the text box you want to continue the text in, or on the blank part of the page you want to draw a another text box in which to continue the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Yep got it working I think. :) When I click the 'blue box' on the top right of the text box it turns into an anchor and can't see any text beside the cursor. But when I click the 'clear box' on the bottom right (not the 'clear box' at the corner of the text box) then text appears beside the cursor. I then just click the text on the next page text box and the numbering continues. It works, but is that an ok way in doing it as well? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hankscorpio184

The way it works is that there's an in-port and an out-port on the text frames.

You need to thread text frames to continue the text from page to page.

Top left of the text frame is an in port and the bottom right is an out-port.

By clicking the out-port in the bottom right you can then thread the text to another frame, by clicking the other frame's in-port on the top left.

To break the link between the frames, to unthread them, you can double click them to unthread.

Do a google search for Adobe InDesign Threading Text Frames to get the help files on it.

Advertisement