Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Community centre floor slippy

Options
  • 01-04-2015 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Folks,
    We are using a community centre to play Badminton which is well kept and varnished regularly, At least biannually and usually annually. Over the past few years though it seems to be getting progressively more slippy. This is a Community centre so even though its used alot for Badminton is also used for other activities. I've heard of a non slip lacquer but the Committee are unsure if this will be suitable for all the other activities in the hall. Can anyone suggest a solution here please ?

Also we have dehumidifiers in the hall but still get problems with condensation drops usually towards the end of the night. Anyone have any suggestions to prevent this also ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

it may not be the floor, do ye wash it regularly? Sometimes the cleaning products can make the floor slippery.
    Another problem can be the condensation, some halls are good one minute but without the heating and fans on they can begin to get very slippery without looking wet.

is the floor getting worse closer to the end of the night when the condensation is worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PreRichie

It's cleaned pretty regularly, we've tried mopping with just hot water to lift the dust but didn't make too much of a difference, tried sweeping and obviously its mopped normally but not sure what cleaning products they are using. It doesnt seem to follow any particular pattern as I've tried all the suggestions in relation to it possibly being dust.

One thing that is a cert is that if the heaters have been on that day it'll be slippier that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PreRichie

It's cleaned pretty regularly, we've tried mopping with just hot water to lift the dust but didn't make too much of a difference, tried sweeping and obviously its mopped normally but not sure what cleaning products they are using. It doesnt seem to follow any particular pattern as I've tried all the suggestions in relation to it possibly being dust.

One thing that is a cert is that if the heaters have been on that day it'll be slippier that night.

The floor doesn't seem to worsen in general just will get the odd drip or what I can only describe as a sweat patch towards the end of the night but this happens very rarely.

Advertisement