Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NVR IP CCT kit and ports

Options
  • 01-04-2015 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Back last year, we got this NVR CCTV kit.
    Got a decent serviceman to install it and he did a good job. Everything worked fine since. I used MEye app to be able to view the cameras. Recently, I got a SamKnows whitebox router which is connected to UPC Technicolour router. Everything worked fine with the app for my iphone up to recently, now, I am unable to view the cameras on smart device. The port that was assigned was 5053. However, I reckon this has somehow changed as the app cannot connect.
    Any idea how to resolve this? Have tried blindly entering many ports in the hope that one may work-to no avail?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Villan11

Can you see it on any other device through the internet? I suspect it might be an IP address change.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you login to the NVR on the local network?
    Check the NVR IP address & Port(s) and see that they match the port forwarding settings on your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

KoolKid wrote: »
    Can you login to the NVR on the local network?
    Check the NVR IP address & Port(s) and see that they match the port forwarding settings on your router.

I tried entering the local IP: 192... and the app can now see the cameras (without having to change the port). However, it wont work with external address.
    Is there any easy way to learn how to forward a port on technicolor router?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Villan11

KoolKid wrote: »

This is a great site, you also need to compare your IP address with the settings on the app. If you just open Google on a device connected to the UPC broadband and search "What is my IP address?" it will return an IP address for you. Make sure that the app is pointing at the IP!

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

Villan11 wrote: »
    This is a great site, you also need to compare your IP address with the settings on the app. If you just open Google on a device connected to the UPC broadband and search "What is my IP address?" it will return an IP address for you. Make sure that the app is pointing at the IP!

Best of luck.

Thanks Villan11
    The Public IP when inputted to the App, doesn't allow connection. If I type in my private IP (192.168.0.188), it connects fine. So not sure if I still need port forwarding.

This might help also.
    http://canyouseeme.org/

solved. The mistake I was making is when i was trying to port forward, in the router, I was entering the my external address as target IP. When that was changed to 192.168.0.188 the problem was resolved/ The URL provided were very useful.

On a separate matter, is there any preferred app for iOS? MEey is free but quite limited. They charge 10 Euro for a version without adds

Advertisement