Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirits on tap

Options
  • 01-04-2015 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone know of any bars in Dublin following the US trend of barrel aged cocktails and cocktails and spirits on tap?
    Some of the Chicago bars even have Jameson straight on tap!

Not sure I'd trust the liquid coming out of a tap for all drinks - prefer to see my whiskey in the bottle before being served but would drink a Negroni or tequila shot poured from a tap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A cocktail from a tap is just soooo wrong. That'd be like going to an Italian restaurant for Alphabetti Spaghetti. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I've seen a few places with Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea on tap... Does that count?
    I would not call it barrel aged! tbh Captain Morgans with Coke and a wedge of lime had more kick to it...

Bleeding Horse used to have it but not been there for a while. Think they also had some sort of Vodka Mojito (which isn't really a Mojito I think if it's not rum...)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

One of my occasionally attended pubs had the Smirnoff Mojito tap. I never saw anyone buy it, ever.

I did market research years ago on the premix Gordons & Tonic / Jack & Coke cans which have only recently surfaced - at the time they thought it'd be the branded mixers, and available on tap, but neither has surfaced. Few other drink products that haven't turned up including a lo-cal normal ABV Carlsberg and another which is recent enough that I'd still be slightly worried of the NDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I remember seeing Smirnof Ice on tap.
    Shudders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

It was common practice in Irish Pubs to serve spirits and sherry from wooden barrels and glass dispensers up until the 1960's / 70's.
    https://shard3.1stdibs.us.com/archivesE/upload/8102/34_14/org_1252126/ORG_1252126_l.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Doesn't the gin palace have some drinks like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    It was common practice in Irish Pubs to serve spirits and sherry from wooden barrels and glass dispensers up until the 1960's / 70's.
    https://shard3.1stdibs.us.com/archivesE/upload/8102/34_14/org_1252126/ORG_1252126_l.jpeg

Was happening at the weekend in Merry's, Dungarvan.

https://www.facebook.com/100931492216/photos/a.10151824807832217.1073741843.100931492216/10152722752807217/?type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GusJackson

that dispenser looks great Pat. Do you get any of them around anywhere any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

We still have a few in our bar as ornaments. Will get some pics and find out what spirits they were. Off hand I'm thinking whiskey.

Advertisement