Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpreting going when reading race card.

Options
  • 01-04-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi,

I am going to the dogs this weekend, and am a novice when it comes to this type of thing. I have researched the "how to read a race card" but one thing still puzzles me.

When you see "going" sometimes it has sand, then other times -0.30 slow, or -.10 slow.

Can you please explain this concept to me and how to interpret this information? Does it mean the time of the race is adjusted?

Thanks,
    Ingo!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Yes time of race is adjusted eg mullingar is -.80 because the track is rated that much slower than other tracks over same distance say 525 yards so if a dog runs a 29.80 in mullingar it equates to a 29 sec run at any of the standard times at other tracks for grading purposes.
    The dog is graded A2 in mullingar is A2 at all other tracks in Ireland also.
    If the time was not adjusted the dog would get into a lower grade of race outside of mullingar and theoretically have that much time in hand of his rivals.
    If like in Cork were its +.10 fast then it brings the dog back up a grade eg from A2 to A3 so it's running against dogs of similar ability.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

SUPERKush wrote: »
    i cant understand these

What track are you going too

Advertisement