Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday 1st April

Options
  • 01-04-2015 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

This is probably going to be an April Fool joke performance but anyway ill chance Raydari in the last at Dundalk. Has dropped 16lb lower than his last winning mark. Course record is 3 wins 3 places from 11 tries. Completely out of form but connections have Fran Berry on tonight. I'm willing to have a little bit of the 16's available in the hope of a spark being reignited!

Also ill be taking on War Envoy with Rapid Applause even with Moore making the trip over. O'Briens usually need the run and although both tie in very closely on form i'm just going on the hope that O'Callaghan has RA ready to first time out again and they had a winner at the Curragh too on Sunday. Incidently AOB's The Warrior who was impressive on Sunday was 2nd to RA on both their debuts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

2 speculative ones for me tonight at Kempton.

6 45 Chapter and Verse I think is over priced at 33s. Hasn't run over 8f since Nov 13 when second over C and D off a mark of 84. Couple of ok runs recently over longer trips and I think the return to 8f can bring some improvement drawn well too.1 pt ew.

8 45 Danzoe looks overpriced at 20s. 5th recently beaten 1.25l has won off 60 67 and 58 down to a mark of 55 with a 7 pound claimer on board and a decent draw. Again I think he could go well. 1 pt ew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Cheers Buddy looks very well handicapped in a winnable race tonight. They backed him a few starts back when coming nowhere in what wasn't a bad race for the grade. He's the type to pop up at a price soon under a good 7lb claimer who won on him before. 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 35,867 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ronseal 14-1 ew 4.40
    Really good over fences, finishes really well.

Zarliman 4-1 9.05
    Acroleina 13-1 6.35
    War Envoy 7-4 7.04

Treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ronseal 14-1 ew 4.40
    Really good over fences, finishes really well.

Dusty Rug - never been beaten!

You can laugh now as he was unhurt but fook me this is some pearler :eek:

https://vine.co/v/OL9wLxW0m9A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

kfallon wrote: »

You can laugh now as he was unhurt but fook me this is some pearler :eek:

That is some smack! Surely a few broken ribs?

Very disappointing War Envoy didn't go past Convergence there, Rapid Applause was even more disappointing

mr.jingle wrote: »
    That is some smack! Surely a few broken ribs?

Very disappointing War Envoy didn't go past Convergence there, Rapid Applause was even more disappointing

It's very easy to say afterward but was very close to having a big e/w on Convergance at 5/1 last night. He should make a much nicer three year old than a two year old and he had what I thought wasn't far off the best form in the race from last year. He hammered East India down at Tipp think he was Derby fav at the time, and was very close to Gleneagles who is a beast if the betting is to believed. In hindsight the 10/1 around was absolutely huge

I wouldn't go anywhere near an O'Brien runner til Guineas weekend tbh, it's the same every year!

Yeah and take note of any that do win around this time they'd have to be good

Yeah and take note of any that do win around this time they'd have to be good

The ones that normally win are the 3yo maidens, some unraced, suppose they have to crack on with them a bit quicker if they have Classic aspirations for them.

You'd expect the likes of Sir Isaac Newton and Father Frost to be fairly ready to win a maiden fto

• Advertisement

Behind Bars 33-1 ew 8.05
    I really like this ew

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Denman2008

Cheers Buddy! Whoosh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Chairs horse!!! Well done PC.

Cheers Buddy looks very well handicapped in a winnable race tonight. They backed him a few starts back when coming nowhere in what wasn't a bad race for the grade. He's the type to pop up at a price soon under a good 7lb claimer who won on him before. 20/1

Some man PC, great picking, pity the fav rule 4 will be a big killer to the price

Windward Passage 14-1 8.35
    Zarliman 4-1 9.05

I like this ew double .

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

Excellent tip well done

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Colla pier in 8.35

Appease is a big price out of 2 , 25-1 8.35
    It ran a decent race last time out which was its first run this year.
    I like ew .

Thanks lads shame about the rule four but nothing you can do. 20/1 if you got it still returned either 14/1 or two crowds paid me 16/1. Hope few were on.

mr.jingle wrote: »
    This is probably going to be an April Fool joke performance but anyway ill chance Raydari in the last at Dundalk. Has dropped 16lb lower than his last winning mark. Course record is 3 wins 3 places from 11 tries. Completely out of form but connections have Fran Berry on tonight. I'm willing to have a little bit of the 16's available in the hope of a spark being reignited!

Also ill be taking on War Envoy with Rapid Applause even with Moore making the trip over. O'Briens usually need the run and although both tie in very closely on form i'm just going on the hope that O'Callaghan has RA ready to first time out again and they had a winner at the Curragh too on Sunday. Incidently AOB's The Warrior who was impressive on Sunday was 2nd to RA on both their debuts.

Rapid Applause ran an absolute stinker.

Raydari ran a nice enough race to stay on at the same pace for 3rd at 20's probably needs a couple more lbs to drop off as the race seemed to suit horses up close to the pace and a few were getting to him just after the line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭frank93

What was the rule 4 in the 8:05 . 30p ??

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

frank93 wrote: »
    What was the rule 4 in the 8:05 . 30p ??

I'd imagine so as he was 9/4 when withdrawn and that leads to a 30 cent deduction in the euro.

Advertisement