Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G/4G Broadband from Three

Options
  • 31-03-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi all,i am looking to get 3G/4G broadband from three,My sister has it and she is getting 21mb/s download and 14mb/s upload.She lives roughly 2 miles away from me,and i tryed her Router here at my house and i am gettin very bad signal and sometimes none at all.Guys i have uploaded a image showing the coverage.The red dot is where i live and the green is where she lives.Is there a way to boost signal,and if so what would be best option for me.Any help would be great.Oh and i am roughly 1 and a half miles away from the mast as the crow flys and i can the the mast directly from my house.Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scoobydave

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hi all,i am looking to get 3G/4G broadband from three,My sister has it and she is getting 21mb/s download and 14mb/s upload.She lives roughly 2 miles away from me,and i tryed her Router here at my house and i am gettin very bad signal and sometimes none at all.Guys i have uploaded a image showing the coverage.The red dot is where i live and the green is where she lives.Is there a way to boost signal,and if so what would be best option for me.Any help would be great.Oh and i am roughly 1 and a half miles away from the mast as the crow flys and i can the the mast directly from my house.Thanks all

First of all I am roughly in the same area signal strength as your sister and best signal is when the weather is good.deff the weather interfers don't know if it's the same with every broadband but three does be terrible.the speeds are UP TO 21mbs and 14mbs never get them though.ive had the modem since December 2014 as I wanted to get it in for my daughter.rang complaining about the signal a few times wanted to get out of the contract to which they wanted €314.86 for a buy out clause..no way was I paying that sort of money.to my luck I recieved a message from three yesterday saying there's a contract change and prices go up €3 from May 5th.couldnt of been any happier because I knew it was my chance to get out without a termination fee...signed up this morning for premier broadband.in my honest opinion if you don't want the hassle of them ringing looking for €1.99 or their ignorance.keep well away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Currently having issue with THREE this week, often my download speeds being like dial-up @ 0.02MB/s download ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ACLFC7

Try switching your router to 4g Only in the settings. My router gets 2 or 3 bars signal on 4G and 5 bars on 3G. Sometimes the router would switch back to 3G because the router "prefers" the stronger signal. I would only get 3 Mbps on 3G but I would get 20 Mbps on 4G with only 2 bars signal. What router were you testing with?
    Also a good tip would be to put the router up stairs and beside a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

I was using Netgear AirCard 762S,but that was my sisters,I am thinking of buying HUAWEI B593 4G LTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Currently having issue with THREE this week, often my download speeds being like dial-up @ 0.02MB/s download ... :o

In the past week, it has been bad. I was an O2 customer, don't know what Three have done but the internet has been very poor this past week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

BeerWolf wrote: »

I bet it was fun talking to some Indian bloke on the phone while he reads a script of what to do which is assuming you have done some thing wrong.

God I don't miss dealing with Three customer service!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 scoobydave

I bet it was fun talking to some Indian bloke on the phone while he reads a script of what to do which is assuming you have done some thing wrong.

God I don't miss dealing with Three customer service!

Worse company to deal with.fully glad they up the charges.so it was my get out of jail free card

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Thinking for leaving and getting imagine wimax. It is expensive enough as it. Does anyone know if imagine wimax is any good.

Advertisement