Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Book On Kandinsky?

Options
  • 31-03-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭

I've recently got interested in the art of Kandinsky and was thinking of reading a book on him. Can anyone here recommend one to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Maybe read a book written by Kandinsky . "Concerning the Spiritual in Art" is a short book ( Text only) written by the great master himself. As far as I remember he compares painting to Music and individual colours with notes.

Otherwise- a good book on Kandinsky - well it would depend on the quality of the reproductions and how much your willing to spend. My books on Kandinsky are quite old now and would be out of print but I'd say modern printing methods get better results than years ago!

Advertisement