Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Builds

Options
  • 31-03-2015 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just got pp and wondering if anyone else is in the middle of construction, we are finding we have no option but to go contractor rather than direct labour due to the new regs.

Anyone got any advice on heating systems, windows or ventilation systems. Everything seems to be very technical - I would love to hear other people's opinions / experiences. Feeling a bit out of my depth!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Strolling Bones

you have no option too but to appoint someone to fully technically design the house under the new regs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

turlough1 wrote: »
    Just got pp and wondering if anyone else is in the middle of construction, we are finding we have no option but to go contractor rather than direct labour due to the new regs.

Anyone got any advice on heating systems, windows or ventilation systems. Everything seems to be very technical - I would love to hear other people's opinions / experiences. Feeling a bit out of my depth!

Ask your assigned Certifier about the the heating, window and ventilation system as he has to oversee these items to ensure compliance with Part Lmof the Building Regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mak58

Deciding what type of system to go with should be based on occupant lifestyle and budget.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

keep it simple , sometimes the old ways are best ,and above all don't underestimate the value of a well insulated house

Advertisement