Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invisalign in Ireland?

Options
  • 31-03-2015 1:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭

I' considering getting either braces or Invisalign but leaning to Invisalign, can anyone recommend me (by pm or on this post) a dentist for Invisalign, i'm currently in the west but willing to travel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

You will need to have a consultation to assess if you are suitable for invasalign, a number of people are not. Best thing to do is find a dentist or Orthodontist that does all forms of braces to give you advice. A good start is the Orthodontic Society of Ireland. http://www.orthodontics.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭thomqs

I had an examination and I'm eligible, but the price quoted is 4600 so looking for better offers

I see here boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86834735 it can be got for 3.5K , is there anyone doing it for that price in the west?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

thomqs wrote: »
    I see here boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86834735 it can be got for 3.5K , is there anyone doing it for that price in the west?

Hi OP, your best bet as Fitzgeme has said is see what orthos are in your area.

I know you are price conscious, but worry about the service/quality rather than the price.

Your other option is to call the orthos within your area and see if they do it

The problem is OP that say one guy says he got it some place for 2k. He might have needed 20 aligners over 9 months. You might need 60 aligners over 2 years, so his dentist might charge more than you were quoted originally for this greater amount of treatment. Its a individualized thing usually. Also the treatment plan is specific to the operator, so the next dentist or orthodontist might feel things should be done differently.

Its a mine field and it make shopping around difficult because at the end of the day your buying the service of having your teeth straightened not the product "Invasalign".

My new signature seems apt here also.

• Advertisement

The problem is OP that say one guy says he got it some place for 2k. He might have needed 20 aligners over 9 months. You might need 60 aligners over 2 years, so his dentist might charge more than you were quoted originally for this greater amount of treatment. Its a individualized thing usually. Also the treatment plan is specific to the operator, so the next dentist or orthodontist might feel things should be done differently.

Its a mine field and it make shopping around difficult because at the end of the day your buying the service of having your teeth straightened not the product "Invasalign".

My new signature seems apt here also.

I'm sure i have all the info required to assess what i would need (x ray and close up pictures of mouth from different angles) which were taken by the original orthodontist, do any odrhodontists let you send them on this info for them to assess how much it would cost?
    I just noticed they didn't mention invisalign, so they probably got braces which is why it was that cheap, though i'm sure someone else can do invisalign for a better deal

thomqs wrote: »
    I'm sure i have all the info required to assess what i would need (x ray and close up pictures of mouth from different angles) which were taken by the original orthodontist, do any odrhodontists let you send them on this info for them to assess how much it would cost?
    I just noticed they didn't mention invisalign, so they probably got braces which is why it was that cheap, though i'm sure someone else can do invisalign for a better deal

You can email them around and see what happens. I would be very dubious about anyone that is will to quote on a lengthy and intricate medical procedure without examining you and talking to you. The dynamic bite it important and often not appreciated in photos, as well as your expectations from treatment, medical history, social habits, gum health, Jaw joint health etc.

Generally dentists will either refuse to quote without an examination or low ball you. Its a very trusting relationship, you trust the dentist and the dentist trusts you. You have to decide if you trust a dentist who can give you a low price on a job sight unseen.

Advertisement