Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS450 unresponsive after fuse replacement

Options
  • 30-03-2015 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I have a CS450 alarm in a house I've recently moved into. To tidy up the cabling to the keypad I cleverly decided to move the keypad on the wall and feed its cable through from behind the plasterboard rather than surface mounted trunking.

That was all going fine until I touched the red cable off part of the PCB and saw a little spark. The keypad went dead and the internal bell/siren started ringing and the only way to silence it was to disconnect it.

I replaced the F3 fuse (800mA) and the keypad came back on but the display now shows 'TD8812 v1.5.5'. I've tried entering user code and default engineer code but the display doesn't change. Does anyone know anything about this? The alarm isn't monitored so the dialler isn't needed.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are not using the dialler disconnect it & wire the keypad directly into A B C D.
    Post back and let us know what displays then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

ac2kp5 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a CS450 alarm in a house I've recently moved into. To tidy up the cabling to the keypad I cleverly decided to move the keypad on the wall and feed its cable through from behind the plasterboard rather than surface mounted trunking.

That was all going fine until I touched the red cable off part of the PCB and saw a little spark. The keypad went dead and the internal bell/siren started ringing and the only way to silence it was to disconnect it.

I replaced the F3 fuse (800mA) and the keypad came back on but the display now shows 'TD8812 v1.5.5'. I've tried entering user code and default engineer code but the display doesn't change. Does anyone know anything about this? The alarm isn't monitored so the dialler isn't needed.

Thanks

You will need to down power the system and power back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ac2kp5

thanks for getting back to me guys. What's involved in powering down the system? Disconnect mains and then battery? What happens when you turn the power back on again then? Also do you know if any of these tests might set off the external bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

ac2kp5 wrote: »
    thanks for getting back to me guys. What's involved in powering down the system? Disconnect mains and then battery? What happens when you turn the power back on again then? Also do you know if any of these tests might set off the external bell?

When you power the system down mains and battery the external bell will ring till you power it back up as there is a back up battery in it. Once you power the system back up put in your user code to silence the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

If your external bell does not ring or is very faint when you power down the system. The battery in your external bell box would need to be replaced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ac2kp5

Thanks a lot guys. I'll give that a shot during more social hours and let you know

Advertisement