Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough crossing?

Options
  • 30-03-2015 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

Hi all,, this is my first post in here so be gentle!

I'm going to Cherbourg on Wedneaday night from Rosslare and am wondering about weather conditions. I've been on the Oscar Wilde before and enjoyed it and had a smooth crossing on it but it seems sea conditions are a bit rough at the moment. Whether they'll calm by Wedneaday night's crossing is anyone's guess I suppose but what can I do to make the journey as easy as possible?

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,827 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I can't tell you what to do on the ship itself I'm afraid (except take Stugeron, or the equivalent - or maybe Valium :D - bearing in mind all the health warnings about drowsiness etc if you're driving when you arrive) but if you're interested in knowing ahead of your journey what might lie in store for you, check out this section of the Met Eireann wesbite.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/coastal.asp

ETA - in case I get in trouble, the above joke is NOT to be construed as medical advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mod note: please be aware of the charter with respect to potential defamation. A few posts removed as a result.

Advertisement