Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Of Address

Options
  • 30-03-2015 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am looking for some advice on the following issue.
    I recently changed address and changed my address in my bank that corresponds to my credit card. I purchased something by sending a form with my NEW address and credit card details on it. I also included in the envelope a brightly coloured slip with "Note Change Of Address" written on it. The company I purchased from had my old details on file and sent the goods to my old address. I have contacted the new tenants and they have thrown out any letters that arrived for me so the "goods" I have purchased have been disposed of. (They are of no value to the new tenants so I do believe them) I have contacted the company and they want me to pay again for the goods. Is there some law that protects the consumer in this case where a retailer has to use the address supplied with credit card details at the time of purchase??
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The goods have not been delivered. Ask the company to supply the goods as requested, or alternatively request a charge back from your credit card company due to non-delivery of goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

How did the company get your old address then ??

Not sure that the new tenants should have disposed of your post . Should it not be returned to An post?

Advertisement