Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting Alamo car hire

Options
  • 30-03-2015 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with Alamo car hire in Europe? I'm looking to rent a car for 2 weeks and they are coming up the best value at first glance, but there's a problem with the booking and I can't get in touch with them to check it out. The booking engine says (say) €375, but when I click on the link to book it the figure magically becomes something like €3,653. Other providers are quoting about €50 more. It's not a huge amount in the context of the overall holiday price, but if I can save it I may as well.

The only contact numbers I can find for them are US. I tried the email form thing on their website, but they have twice failed to reply. It's a little odd that they don't have global contact phone numbers. Google gave me a UK number to ring but that was answered by someone from Europcar who said they don't work with Alamo any more.

I know Alamo is a well known US brand, and I'm guessing that they are doing stuff outside the US by way of agency agreement with other providers, but it's hard to believe they are this poor at customer support.

Does anyone know a reliable way to contact them?

z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Enterprise handle Alamo rentals in many spots across Europe, so perhaps give their local office where you intend renting from a call.

Advertisement