Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiniX NEO Z4 Android

Options
  • 30-03-2015 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I just set up my MiniX Z64 Android Version on my TV and it appears to work great at first. However, after about 15 minuets or so of on-time it appears to constantly drop the Wi-Fi connection even though all my other devices continue to work fine.

It says;

1. "Obtaining IP Address",
    2. "Connecting",
    3. "Authenticating"

It then starts back a "1" and loops for a while and then eventually says "Authentication Failed".

When I reboot the box a few times or turn it off completely and come back to it I am able connect to Wi-Fi again.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix for this issue.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Shane1989 wrote: »
    I just set up my MiniX Z64 Android Version on my TV and it appears to work great at first. However, after about 15 minuets or so of on-time it appears to constantly drop the Wi-Fi connection even though all my other devices continue to work fine.

It says;

1. "Obtaining IP Address",
    2. "Connecting",
    3. "Authenticating"

It then starts back a "1" and loops for a while and then eventually says "Authentication Failed".

When I reboot the box a few times or turn it off completely and come back to it I am able connect to Wi-Fi again.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix for this issue.

Cheers.

First try Turning off security on your router just for a short period of time and see if that helps or else change the channel your wifi is using

TO do that depends on what router you have

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shane1989

mylesm wrote:
    First try Turning off security on your router just for a short period of time and see if that helps or else change the channel your wifi is using

TO do that depends on what router you have

mylesm,

Will give that a go later on tonight and report back here. Thanks for that.

mylesm wrote:
    helps

I'm currently on Channel 7 with a CISCO Router provided by UPC. What channel would you recommend?

I've read below channel 10 but as I'm on 7 I'm unsure which channel to try, or is it a cad of "trial and error"?

Cheers.

I'm currently on Channel 7 with a CISCO Router provided by UPC. What channel would you recommend?

I've read below channel 10 but as I'm on 7 I'm unsure which channel to try, or is it a cad of "trial and error"?

Cheers.

you can download some wifi diagnostic programs just google they will usually tell you best channel

Did you disable security to see if yo could get reliable connection

mylesm wrote:
    you can download some wifi diagnostic programs just google they will usually tell you best channel

Did you disable security to see if yo could get reliable connection

Hey,

Haven't tried disabling security yet. I'm a bit hesitant to do so to say the least. Even if it did work I wouldn't like to leave security off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hey,

Haven't tried disabling security yet. I'm a bit hesitant to do so to say the least. Even if it did work I wouldn't like to leave security off.

well if you look at my post I said disable security for a short period just to try to diagnose as sometime the type of security can cause a problem and then you could try a different security if the one was a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Is the box set up with a static or a dynamic IP address?

You could try setting a static address, it could be an IP conflict within your network that is causing the issue (i.e. two devices trying to connect using the same IP address)

If it's already got a static address, change it to dynamic and see what happens.

Thanks everyone,

I changed my router from channel 7 to channel 5 and my MINIX Z64 appears to be working better. I just watched a full length movie without any drop-off of the wi-fI connection.

The issue seems to be resolved, will let you know how I get on over the next few days.

Appreciate all the help here.

Advertisement