Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

united nations convention on the rights of the child

Options
  • 30-03-2015 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

can someone please post where I'll be able to find the concluding comments and observations on Ireland for the convention on the rights of the child
    much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

The full text of the Convention is here.

Details of signatures and ratifications, and any declarations and reservations made by state parties, are on this page. From that page you can see that Ireland signed the Convention on 30 September 1990 and, when it did so, it made a declaration to the effect that, when it came to ratifying the convention (which is what makes it binding on a state) Ireland reserved the right to make " such declarations or reservations as it may consider necessary".

Ireland ratified the Convention on 28 September 1992 and, in the event, made no declarations or reservations.

Under the Convention, Governments submit regular progress reports on how they are implementing it, and the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child then responds with "Concluding Observations". The most recent report submitted by Ireland was in 2013; it's here. I don't think any response from the UN Committee has been published yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lawyer12

cheers for the help; I am looking for the last concluding comments of the committee on ireladn which I think was in 2005; I cannot find it anywhere and un.org keeps on denying me access, any help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Advertisement