Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscilloscope & Power Supply Hire

Options
  • 29-03-2015 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone any experience with renting/hiring scopes and power supplies for a short period of time and if so what type of costs are involved (Dublin/Galway).

I have a digital scope but its not good enough to do what I want. I need to look at signals that are 30kHz - 60kHz which is quiet small in the grand scheme of thing.

The power supply I would need is 50 VDC ~20A. I could possibly make one if I had to.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

BD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

BrianDug wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone any experience with renting/hiring scopes and power supplies for a short period of time and if so what type of costs are involved (Dublin/Galway).

I have a digital scope but its not good enough to do what I want. I need to look at signals that are 30kHz - 60kHz which is quiet small in the grand scheme of thing.

The power supply I would need is 50 VDC ~20A. I could possibly make one if I had to.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

BD

Buy a cheap tektronics scope or even a Chinese scope should do what you need. Rentals are mad money any time I've checked.

What do you need the power supply for? You could pick up a server supply which would give you 50v and fairly high amps.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

Thanks for the response DublinDlbert,

I am powering an inverter I built, but thankfully over the last few days I have had access to equipment I needed so I wont need to look into hiring equipment now thankfully.

Advertisement