Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Verde Suggestions

Options
  • 29-03-2015 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,105 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of heading to Spain for a week in May - July time. I am learning Spanish so want to improve my technique when there, but as I'll be travellign solo I don't have any back up plan as such if the residents do not speak English when my Spanish fails me.

Anyhow...

What parts of Spain are best visited in this time of year? I would like to go to Sevilla but I've been told it will be incredibly hot at this time of year and that I should aim for the Costa Verde.

Out of Dublin, there are flights to Santiago & Bilbao (Aer Lingus) and Santander (Ryanair). Although I suppose I could fly in Madrid and then take a train northwards.

I intend to travel for 7 - 9 days. Is this area easy to get around - I don't intend hiring a car for a solo trip and is there many things to do here?

Alternative destinations are also welcome.

Thanks.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Beautiful part of Spain. Very green and fabulous mix of mountains and beaches. Good place to practise Spanish as most locals don't have English unlike the southern tourist spots. It may not be solid good weather though even in the heart of summer. The area gets a lot of rain even into June.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,105 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hi,

Does anyone else have any feedback on this region - or suggestion where abouts in Spain would be good for a solo visit during the early summer months?

Thanks.

Advertisement